SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#193310 - 12/10/03 09:57 AM Would we know by now if....
tom moon Offline

Loc: Haddonfield, NJ, USA
Yamaha was bringing out an "expanded" 76 key Tyros or other pro-oriented arranger board at Winter NAMM? has anyone heard anything to this effect? curious, b/c I remember in years past there were murmers well before the actual convention...

failing anything Yamaha, anyone have any other NAMM predictions???

thanks in advance for the insights and all the help in the past and happy happy holidays...

#193311 - 12/10/03 10:20 AM Re: Would we know by now if....
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
I predict Roland will officially roll out its US version of the EXR-3, 5, 7 and maybe even a modular version; they've gotten pretty big on modulars lately. The EXR-7 will not be available until mid summer, but the lower version will hit stores early spring.

What would be radical would be IF they had software to go with arrangers. Start with the simple stuff - editing. Next year bring out software control of the keyboard.

[This message has been edited by cassp (edited 12-10-2003).]

#193312 - 12/10/03 06:11 PM Re: Would we know by now if....
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Korg is suppose to usher in a brand new Workstation at Winter NAMM this January. It is suppose to supplant the Triton Series Keyboards eventually. The Triton's sound engine is 5 years old and overdue for a change. If you've ever noticed, Car Manufacturers, ie., GM, Daimler Chrysler, Ford, etc., will almost always bring out a completely revamped version of a current model at least every 5 years. It would follow suit that the Keyboard Manufacturers would do the same thing. If they don't; they run the risk of their loyal customer following jumping ship and buying from other Manufacturers that are putting out products more on the bleeding edge technology wise. I am thrilled at the prospect of Korg launching a brand new Workstation this coming January at Winter NAMM 2004 because competition is good for everybody and it keeps the other Manufacturers on their toes looking for ways to keep up and ahead of the competition.

There has been no word that I'm aware of of Yamaha releasing a Tyros Pro or Tyros II except to say that I did hear "one" report that Yamaha is up to 'something' but I think if a Tyros II is ever to be released it won't be until maybe Summer NAMM 2005 or thereabouts.

As Winter NAMM 2004 draws closer more inside information will start to be released from different sources which hopefully will makes its way onto the Web. Sometimes just doing a Search on Google can lead to pertinent info on an upcoming NAMM show.

Best regards,
Mike

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online