SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#192871 - 09/20/04 07:15 PM Re: Need cheap recs for sound system, mixer, etc for small gatherings
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
The Peavey I have here is a Unity 500 that's a 14-channel, stereo mixer. Unfortunately, it does not have effects, and I have to loop an effects processor throug it for vocals. Don Mason and Donny Pesce both picked up a great, six channel mixer that was only about $100 if I recall. It had good quality effects and was relatively compact. You may want to email them for the make and model.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#192872 - 09/20/04 07:32 PM Re: Need cheap recs for sound system, mixer, etc for small gatherings
Dnj Offline

$79.95

http://www.zzounds.com/cat--Alesis-Mixers-and-Recorders--2912

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 09-20-2004).]

#192873 - 09/20/04 07:55 PM Re: Need cheap recs for sound system, mixer, etc for small gatherings
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by TresorTX:
The YAMAHA Powered Mixer looks great but does not have stereo capabilities right? How much would be lost in sound quality if not using stereo amplifiers? Is there a recommendation for similar equipment that supports stereo?

PS: Sorry if this is a stupid question. I'm very new to all this and trying to learn as I go along. Thx, Russ

Yes Russ, the Yamaha EMX62M 6-Channel Powered Mixer is Mono.

The thing you lose with Mono is of course a Stereo signal which would give you a more spatial and full sound (a more natural distribution of sound) because with Stereo you are using two or more separate Channels to reproduce the sound.

In Hans case if he used the EMX62M (the 'M' stands for Mono, btw) he may find his Live! Grand Piano sound on his PSR 2100 will sound rather unnatural because the Live! Grand Piano on the PSR 2100 is Sampled in Stereo and it most likely won't sound quite right in Mono. But he could use his 'XG' Grand Piano on the PSR 2100 and it would sound natural (fine) because the XG Grand Piano is Sampled in Mono I believe.

If you have the dough I would recommend Stereo any day of the week over Mono.

Here is a good example of an excellent 'Stereo' Powered Mixer:

EMX68S 6-Channel Powered Mixer

Btw, the 'S' in the EMX68'S' stands for Stereo. Usually the Model numbers that end in 'M' will be Mono and the ones that end in 'S' will be Stereo, at least as far as Yamaha's products are concerned anyway.

But Han will have to fork over a lot more money for this Stereo Powered Mixer.

Something he may not be willing to do.

Best regards,
Mike

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online