SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#191365 - 01/24/02 01:33 AM Wow! Check this one out....!!!!!!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I can't believe this one! I was checking out ebay today and I saw an ad for a
PSR-540 (used) Someone check it out and please tell me if I'm seeing things. This person has the 540 listed for $900.00 with a reserve price too.. Now I thought this was a typo until I saw the "buy it now" price. In the "buy it now" price it is listed for
$1,000.00 WOW!!! Tell me I'm seeing things...... I can understand messing up the regular price but how do you mess up and and put $1,000.00 Is this person for real or just a con? I wonder if it's some poor guy or gal who was stooped by a dealer and payed that much for the board themselves..... Someone go check it out please....
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#191366 - 01/24/02 01:41 AM Re: Wow! Check this one out....!!!!!!
LindaFus Offline

Loc: Ledyard, CT USA
Hi Squeak!

Whats the path to the auction?

-Linda

#191367 - 01/24/02 01:48 AM Re: Wow! Check this one out....!!!!!!
LindaFus Offline

I found it. Ah, he won't get any bids on it. There are many 540's for sale on Ebay right now for the correct price. Some place in the $300 range. Some of the auctions are so funny! That one is funny!

-Linda

#191368 - 01/24/02 02:05 AM Re: Wow! Check this one out....!!!!!!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Linda,
I too thought it was funny. If I remember correctly he said he got it for Christmas. I'm wondering if he or she really has no idea what the keyboard is actually worth. Looks to me like someone trying to make a quick buck. One thing that does get me though. I see the title states that it's brand new, but if you read what the person wrote they said it was played like 5 times. Well if it's played five times how is it brand new. Maybe "like new" condition, but not brand new. So many people are really misleading with their ads on ebay. I saw an ad before where someone was selling a keyboard and he said "it has one broken key that does not sound, otherwise it is in perfect condition" What a contradiction..

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#191369 - 01/24/02 02:18 AM Re: Wow! Check this one out....!!!!!!
LindaFus Offline

Squeak,

I sell and BUY alot of dolls on Ebay. Doll collectors a very particular about the descriptions. You have to show EVERY little mark on a doll etc. Photos and descriptions are very very detailed. There is a scale for selling also NEW, MIB (Mint in Box) NRFB (Never removed from Box) etc. Well one auction stated: NEW NRFB! LEFT LEG MISSING! Now that was the absolute funniest auction I had every seen. The doll did look new but she was disabled! Someone HAD to take it out of the box to get its leg off! Then you have to ask? Where is the other leg? hahaha. No one bought her.

When I sell my music equipment on Ebay I use the same methods. I always take alot of pictures and describe it in detail every scratch or mark etc. I would wanna know if my keboard took a couple of hits from a guitar nearby haha!

Maybe you should write to this guy and give him the bad news about his auction. Maybe he just doesn't know, like you said.

-Linda

[This message has been edited by LindaFus (edited 01-24-2002).]

#191370 - 01/25/02 05:54 AM Re: Wow! Check this one out....!!!!!!
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Yes, some of these auctions are really funny. Some people pay way too much for a product and only find out when they try to sell it. I saw a used PSR9000 on Ebay. The minimum bid was $2795. At the same time MARS music had one on close-out with full warranty for $1995. He had no takers. I emailed him and told him that his price was too high and that he should be in the $1800 range on a used one with no warranty. He later listed it again for a minimum bid of $2395. Again he had no bids.

I used to work for an organ dealer that used the double plus 10 markup. If the unit cost was 3000 he used this calculation. 3000 + 3000 = 6000 + 10% = $6600. The Roland dealer in Grand Rapids lists the VA-7 for $5500. What a joke! These guys make car salesmen appear pretty innocent.

It's too bad they can't all be like George Kaye. I had my own organ and piano store in the 70's and it is a tough business. My hat is off to George because he is making it without taking advantage of his customers.

Tom

Tom

#191371 - 01/25/02 06:31 AM Re: Wow! Check this one out....!!!!!!
technicsplayer Offline

maybe the price is correct but the board is a PSR-54000

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online