SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#191223 - 09/21/07 03:52 PM Re: LISTEN to my T2 Song Rendition of : "This Could Be The Start Of Something BIG "
Beakybird Offline

I'm listening, and it sounds great. Lot of personality in your voice. Very impressive.

Beakybird

#191224 - 09/21/07 05:29 PM Re: LISTEN to my T2 Song Rendition of : "This Could Be The Start Of Something BIG "
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
ScottYee, The best so far, You have the voice and band very well balanced. Your voice is on top and sounding good. Great Job.

Now the down side – not really, just a request. The song is long enough to have a solo somewhere in the middle. When I was in my prime I never wanted people to tire of my voice – I limited the singing so they would be looking for more. The solos are used to break the feeling and many times to prepare the vocalist for a key change,
Scotty, you have the fingers, let me hear them.

I give you a #9 –with an added solo you get a #10

IMHO, John C.

#191225 - 09/21/07 06:42 PM Re: LISTEN to my T2 Song Rendition of : "This Could Be The Start Of Something BIG "
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Wow, a surprise to see this thread resurrected over a year later. Thanks for the additional member feedback added since I orignally posted this.

Quote:
Originally posted by mikey_maestro:
I love the updated Pop culture "especially Emeril's

For those that may have missed my other references to comtemporary pop culture in this song, here are a few others: Wolfgang Puck's Restaurant, downloading ipod tunes, RazR cell phone, internet cafe, electronic bill payment. Go back and listen and see if you can catch them all.

Mikey: I honestly had a "lot of fun" updating the lyrics to this one, but most classic standards (Gershwin, Porter, Kern, Mercer, etc) I not dare change. "This Could be Start Of Something Big" and "How About You", Burt Lane tune, have lyrics which refer to specific past era people, celebrities, and events that many now may not recognize or relate to, so can benefit from a lyric update, especially when targeting a younger listening audience.

Just in case anyone's interested, here's a link to the: original lyrics to Steve Allen's: "This Could Be The Start Of Something Big".

Quote:
Originally posted by mikey_maestro:

Someones post said you tweaked the settings as well. What did you change in the settings?

In a nutshell, I merely

1) Increased volume level of Drum tracks and re-balanced volumes of other auto accomp instruments
2) re-adjusted reverb/chorus levels of style accomp parts
3) Use Full Bit Compressor Setting
4) Tweaked the preset DUET VH setting
5) then: played and sang my heart out.

All the best,

Scott

#191226 - 09/21/07 09:03 PM Re: LISTEN to my T2 Song Rendition of : "This Could Be The Start Of Something BIG "
mikey_maestro Offline

Loc: San Tan Valley, AZ
thanks scott for the info on the settings, I'll play around with some settings on my T2 and see if I can get my stuff sounding ok.

Keep posting more stuff to listen too

------------------
God Bless,
Mikey

www.mikeymaestro.com
www.balloonanimal.com
www.1000colorcards.com

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online