SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#191177 - 03/07/00 09:27 AM Cape May??
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Maybe a little off topic, but I need a sequence and/or chords & lyrics to "On The Way To Cape May". I think it was by Frank Sinatra.
Thanks,
Don

#191178 - 03/07/00 11:29 AM Re: Cape May??
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Don,

In my 25 years of playing big band music we've really played some "Old Chestnuts" but you've stumped me on that one.

While we're looking for stuff, I'm looking for a good "Louie Louie" style or midi file.

Tom

Tom

#191179 - 03/07/00 01:54 PM Re: Cape May??
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Uncle Dave, Don't forget, If you sequence it on the X1, It will have to be played back on a X1[poor SMF compatability, just like the Korg's]

#191180 - 03/07/00 03:16 PM Re: Cape May??
freddynl Offline

Loc: netherlands
Tom, What is a Loui,Loui style/midi ???
Is that a Louis Armstrong style or a style named after Louisiana ????
I am dutch so this might be a stupid question for native americans, but I never heard of it..
Fred

#191181 - 03/07/00 04:40 PM Re: Cape May??
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Freddy,

"Louie Louie" is a classic 60's song performed by the Kingsman. I've been told that there is a whole album of different versions of Louie Louie performed by a variety of artists. Uncle Dave and DonM might be two of those. It's a three chord song typical of many of the songs of that era.

My wife is 100 percent of Dutch ancestry. Her maiden name was Palsrok and her mom's name was Zuidema. Palsrok doesn't sound like a Dutch name to me, but I've been told it is.

Good luck and you do a much better job with the English than I could ever do with Dutch.

Gooden Nobbin

Tom

Tom

#191182 - 03/07/00 05:00 PM Re: Cape May??
freddynl Offline

aaahhhhhh, you mean Louie Louie Louwaay......
I have it somewhere.....will look for you..
hehehe
Fred
Zuidema is full Dutch.
Palsrok is South African

[This message has been edited by freddynl (edited 03-07-2000).]

#191183 - 03/08/00 12:33 AM Re: Cape May??
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Thanks guys. I got the cheat sheet from Uncle Dave.
Tom, I'll send a Louie-Louie sequence tomorrow. Too tired tonight, it was a long night entertaining the drunks!
Don

#191184 - 03/08/00 06:23 AM Re: Cape May??
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Freddy,

There was also a seventies song that went Louie Louie Louie loooooeee. It was a romance about the racial problems a black guy and his white girl friend had with their parents and friends.

The song the Kingsman did went (CCC rest FF GGG rest FF) repeat this riff to end of song. If I remember correctly the song starts with the chorus.

That is the first I've heard that Palsrok was South African. My wife's grandfather Henry married a woman named Koster in the Netherlands. They had three boys there before comming to the USA. They had four more here, one of them being my wife's father. I think they came from Groenagan. Sorry about the spelling. I know that her Uncle would say that "How are you?" is said not as "who ist ter may" but "who bane ya" or "how bane ya". Again sorry about the bad Dutch. I'm Irish so it's the best I can do. I'm not sure about this high Dutch, low Dutch, Frees thing. I've been told that there is a windmill with the name "Palsrok" on it somewhere over there. We haven't had any real conformation of that rumor. Thanks for the help.

Tom

Tom

#191185 - 03/08/00 06:59 AM Re: Cape May??
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Guys, If you want "On THE WAY TO CAPE MAY", Email me and I'll send the sequence[Full theatre organ version]. By the way It's Al Alberts tune..If you guys are Solton club members, I posted on the club..Fran

#191186 - 03/09/00 10:56 AM Re: Cape May??
freddynl Offline

Tom,

I mailed you all the details....

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Cavanaugh:
Freddy,

There was also a seventies song that went Louie Louie Louie loooooeee. It was a romance about the racial problems a black guy and his white girl friend had with their parents and friends.

The song the Kingsman did went (CCC rest FF GGG rest FF) repeat this riff to end of song. If I remember correctly the song starts with the chorus.

That is the first I've heard that Palsrok was South African. My wife's grandfather Henry married a woman named Koster in the Netherlands. They had three boys there before comming to the USA. They had four more here, one of them being my wife's father. I think they came from Groenagan. Sorry about the spelling. I know that her Uncle would say that "How are you?" is said not as "who ist ter may" but "who bane ya" or "how bane ya". Again sorry about the bad Dutch. I'm Irish so it's the best I can do. I'm not sure about this high Dutch, low Dutch, Frees thing. I've been told that there is a windmill with the name "Palsrok" on it somewhere over there. We haven't had any real conformation of that rumor. Thanks for the help.

Tom

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online