SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#190489 - 08/21/07 08:34 AM G70+Stagepas 500: extra monitor needed/helpful?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello,
I have been visiting this site for more than one year now and there is hardly one day that I do not check for news. It's really great and I thank all of you!

In three days I will pick up my brand new Roland G70 plus the Yamaha Stagepas 500. The G70 had the best piano sounds I heard from any keyboard, so my choice was clear. Regarding the PA-system I had considered the BOSE L1 for a very long time but then I did not get the wow-effect at the dealer's shop and the discussions about the mono issue when using a keyboard was discouraging as well.
I will have my first gig in three weeks and I am quite excited...about 40-50 people will be there.
So far I did only very small "concerts" in my living room, when up to four people could attend at one time, since I used a headphone amp in order to have a decent sound.

The dealer told me that I could try at first to go without an extra monitor. Do you have any experience with gigging without an extra monitor?

Thanks a lot!

Best wishes from Germany,
Thomas

#190490 - 08/21/07 10:55 AM Re: G70+Stagepas 500: extra monitor needed/helpful?
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
I find when playing alone that a monitor is not necessary. It's only when I play with my band that we use monitors. A 100 people gig shouldn't require a monitor unless you absolutely, positively WANT one.

------------------
www.cassponline.com/

#190491 - 08/21/07 11:39 AM Re: G70+Stagepas 500: extra monitor needed/helpful?
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
the volume of the stagepass 500 is very loud when you need it. If you need a monitor, you can buy a Yamaha MS100 which matches the Yamaha and has 1 8" speaker and a horn with 100 watts of power built in. You can also use a Roland Cube30 Monitor (you will see a post today about this little cube 30 watt monitor).

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
www.kayesmusicscene.com
(Retired 2021)

#190492 - 08/22/07 08:50 AM Re: G70+Stagepas 500: extra monitor needed/helpful?
montana Offline

Loc: red lodge,mt,usa
On little gigs I use a peavey keyboard amp with 3 inputs 1 voice 2 G70 or 2 G70 if I use the harmonizer and place it behind me like a guitar player would. It works great audiance and I can both hear well. In clubs and bigger gigs I put one pa speaker on stand and one on floor behind me again it works great and I've very been told I'm not load enought. Occasinally On really big gigs I'll use Our pa with 4 powered speakers and the keyboard amp for a monitor.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online