SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#189930 - 01/22/05 04:04 AM How do you do this?
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Hi guys-

I'm wondering how you can ...using styles only...use two completely different tempos in the same song. Several tunes come to mind that have this element in them.

"My Life" and "If You Really Love Me " would be two examples.

I do not use midi files. I typically save a specific style under a song title filename (as a registration.)

I have an idea that it might be saving two seperate registrations for songs like those above, and find two approrpriate styles...save the different tempos for each within the registration and punch back and forth between the two as needed.

I wonder how 'seemless" the transition sounds doing it that way?

Thanks in advance-

Bill in Dayton

#189931 - 01/22/05 05:00 AM Re: How do you do this?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Registrations are the way to go. It is quick and easy. Examples: Suspicious Minds, New York, New York.
DonM

#189932 - 01/22/05 05:56 AM Re: How do you do this?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
It can be done using the same style file, but the amount of work involved is horrendouns. There are a few style files that I have in the archives that do this, and to date I have not been able to duplicate the technique. The registrations are likely the easiest way to do this.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#189933 - 01/22/05 06:56 AM Re: How do you do this?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
"Ny Life" actually goes into 1/2 time, and can be played with the same beat ... just use a simple variation. If you play the signature rhythm lick during the weird part, no one will notice that the drums are a little off. Try Pro hard Rock and use variations B & C.

#189934 - 01/22/05 07:50 AM Re: How do you do this?
Jørgen Sørensen Offline

Loc: Denmark
Hi

Here is another method.

In a sequencer software add a MIDI Tempo Event as the very first event in EACH style part.

Whenever you change style part while playing the tempo will be set as defined in this first event.

Notice if you want to edit PSR styles in sequencer software, you have to save the CASM data BEFORE editing, then edit the style and AFTERWARDS add the CASM data.

You can use my "Style Split and Splice" software for this. Get it at http://home7.inet.tele.dk/js/sands/index.htm

Regards
Jørgen

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online