#189311 - 02/08/07 02:57 PM Anna Nicole Smith RIP
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Wow ..http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070208/ap_en_tv/anna_nicole_smith

#189312 - 02/08/07 03:44 PM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
DanO1 Offline

sorry should have post in the bar...

my kids don't know it, but I still have my anna nicole smith playboy ... I bought it for the pete townsend interview.

#189313 - 02/08/07 04:10 PM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA

#189314 - 02/08/07 05:47 PM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I hate to see anyone die, but she was a non factor in the entertainment industry, and the business will flourish without her.
I know it sounds callous, but I just never got the fascination? She had ZERO talent. What was all the fuss about?

#189315 - 02/08/07 06:13 PM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
Fran Carango Offline

maybe her infant will feel different than you..

#189316 - 02/09/07 01:06 AM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
zuki Offline

Goes to show that money isn't everything

zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#189317 - 02/09/07 01:19 AM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
Dnj Offline

Sad.....she had a rough life...

#189318 - 02/09/07 03:34 AM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
I hate to see anyone die, but she was a non factor in the entertainment industry, and the business will flourish without her.
I know it sounds callous, but I just never got the fascination? She had ZERO talent. What was all the fuss about?

Now that you mention it David, your post is callous IMO.

All life is precious...what if she was your daughter?

Ian

------------------
Cha d’dhùin doras nach d’fhosgail doras.

#189319 - 02/09/07 03:57 AM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
Uncle Dave Offline

Ian, you are so right. I was just rethinking my post and I was coming back to post this retraction when I saw your post.
I'm embarrased to have written that at this time. My feelings about the career of ANS should not have surfaced at this time. I apologize for my lack of sensitivity. I sometimes forget that I made the stupidest, most redicucous choice in MY life just 2 short years ago. No one is above anyone else, and I feel terrible about posting those very imapropriate words, at a time when sympathy was called for.

One of the best lessons I am learning as a teacher is that consequences do NOT have to be given immediatly. Sometimes, a little "cooldown" is a blessing in many ways. In the future, I will try to think a little longer before I say or do anything that may be imappropriate.
I was not a fan of her career, but as a fellow human, my heart goes out to her poor little child. Her road will be very hard, and I wish her a better life than her Mother had. That's my wish for my own kids too. I hope they avoid the mistakes I made, and I hope you can all disregard my insensitive coments above. It was out of line, and I am sorry that I posted it.

#189320 - 02/09/07 04:01 AM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
ianmcnll Offline

No problem, David...at least you have the guts to admit your faux pas.

You have my respect.

Ian

------------------

#189321 - 02/09/07 07:19 AM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
zuki Offline

UD - We still love ya

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#189322 - 02/09/07 08:02 AM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
This board is about entertainment though? Specifically music entertainment, performance, and playing. Well, of course there are some OT posts, but I actually tend to agree with UD's first post. So a comment about her usefulness as an entertainer came up. Just because she's imfamous we need to feel a special time of devotion and sympathy for her passing? How many of us also took a moment for every other person who passed on that day. Other people, who were indeed role models, indeed virtuous citizens? And as far as her infant, I think that poor soul would be much better off in an adoptive family that loves it than to grow up in the weird environment it's currently in. And no, I don't know the gender, hence the indefinite article. As UD said, he hates to see anyone die. Well, I agree. and no, UD doesn't need me to come to his defense, and that's not what I'm doing. I'm just saying that it's so politically correct to be super-sensative about everything, and I just don't go there.

#189323 - 02/09/07 08:03 AM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
Kudos Uncle Dave. I've made more than my share of mistakes in life, and have been guilty of intolerance of others' lifestyles more times than I'm proud to admit.

I'm guessing I'll make some more before my journey in life is through, but hopefully I can make less of 'em and stay around long enough to figure them out and learn from the experiences. Nice to see you back. Been awhile for me too.

As for Anna... my regrets for her and her family. I've encountered enough tortured souls in my own journey and can empathize with the pain and sadness that goes with it.
Did she make some poor choices for herself ? Probably.. but at times I think if we take a good look, we all can say that. As for her relevance.. It is what it is. She chose to air much of it out publicly, and for whatever the reasons, the public soaked it up.

My earliest musical hero, Syd Barrett, was himself a study in pain and questionable lifestyle choices, although it seems pretty likely that mental illness itself, whether he had abused himself or not, would have contributed to the wreckage as well.

AJ

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 02-09-2007).]

#189324 - 02/09/07 08:08 AM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
Mainer Offline

Loc: Saco, Me
FAEbGBD

Very well said, I agree with you whole Heartedly.

Jerry

#189325 - 02/09/07 09:09 AM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Mainer:
FAEbGBD

Very well said, I agree with you whole Heartedly.

Jerry

Wow...you guys are some cold.

Jerry, you need a heart to agree "wholeheartedly".

Ian

------------------

#189326 - 02/09/07 09:29 AM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
Thank u for posting this topic. Saw it on the news. Nice to c that ppl on a keyboard site care abt someone who wasnt very famous. She was a cool person and im sad that she passed away. We'll remember ya ANS

#189327 - 02/09/07 09:46 AM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
On one hand, sure...its always sad when anyone especially that age dies so young. Until we get more info, we don't know for sure the circumstances to explain her passing.

On the other hand-What body of work did she contribute? She was a centerfold, who the world was probably laughing at, more than laughing with, over the last few years.

The question was raised what if she was your daughter?, Well, we have three of them and of course we'd love her, but what set of parents in this world or the next would have chosen the lifestyle she did? Certainly no responsible ones. Its not a reach to say that her lifestyle directly contributed to the choices her son made, who is also no longer with us. That's the sad part....

She was a trainwreck as a person, and when trainwrecks have kids-those children pay a stunningly high price through no fault of their own. Too often people seem to have children for the wrong reasons, and are ill-prepared to make the correct deciscions with regard for the kids.

As far as the surviving child, well...they will probably benefit from her financial assets and be exposed to a very different environment than they would've if she remained alive. Which, may in the long run...hopefully work out ok...

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#189328 - 02/09/07 02:58 PM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
Mainer Offline

Ian

I guess I really am a heartless prick at times. I just have very little tolerance for this sort stuff. I prefer to feel bad for the down & out and less fortunate souls.

Could you educate me on what the following means.

Jerry

[This message has been edited by Mainer (edited 02-09-2007).]

#189329 - 02/09/07 03:59 PM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Mainer:
Ian

I guess I really am a heartless prick at times. I just have very little tolerance for this sort stuff. I prefer to feel bad for the down & out and less fortunate souls.

Could you educate me on what the following means.

Jerry

[This message has been edited by Mainer (edited 02-09-2007).]

Addiction is something I have lived through...it doesn't discriminate, it kills rich or poor, and fame is just another complication.

I didn't imply that you were a heartless prick, but you were quick to judge a person you know nothing about...except from the tabloids.

Perhaps I am a bit sensitive (and defensive) about addiction, having been an addict myself and experienced death up close and personal.

If I insulted you...I apologize.

If I made you think differently, even for one brief moment, then I feel my remark was justified.

No door ever closed, but another opened.

Ian

#189330 - 02/09/07 04:51 PM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
LindaFus Offline

Loc: Ledyard, CT USA
Everything we do in life is a learning experience for us all. We can learn from others lifestyles. While we appear to have mixed feelings about what is right or wrong in life, the truth remains we all have choices. Or do we? Anna Nichole chose the life she led and payed dearly for it.

Having experienced life with an addict who suffers from clinical depression, I tend to not judge Anna as a person but our society, for having such inept mental health care.

Only the family and friends who live with and experience life with these troubled people know what I am speaking of.

Walk into any emergency room on a Saturday evening and look at the people who are kept on gurneys in 4 point restraints and you will see hallways filled with Anna Nichole Smiths. None of which we would think to comment on here.

I do feel sorry for all involved in her world, family and friends. She is at peace now. Maybe that is not a bad thing for her but surely a sad one for those who loved her.

Hug your kids tonight!

#189331 - 02/09/07 05:34 PM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
Mainer Offline

Ian

no appologies needed. My mother was a Binge alcoholic and but for the grace of God go I.

Having Kids kept me clean & sober and I thank God for it. The fact that I hated the smell of beer and the taste of most hard liquor porbably helped a lot.

My real hero's are the Salvation army and the work that they do, Its one of only two charities I donate to. Most of the people they help don't have millions to drown their sorrow with.

Jerry

#189332 - 02/09/07 10:41 PM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
The thing that troubled me the most about ANS was the way she, and we, through her shows, CELEBRATED her addictions. Look at the funny lady, momma.... isn't she a gas!

We are rapidly turning into a society that derives much of it's pleasure from watching (and even participating - American Idol!) other people's pain and suffering.

Far too much 'reality', not enough compassion. We ARE the Romans of the 21st century.....

#189333 - 02/10/07 03:58 AM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
No man is an island, entire of itself
every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main
if a clod be washed away by the sea,
Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were,
as well as if a manor of thy friends or of thine own were
any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind
and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls
it tolls for thee.

-- John Donne
--------------------------------------------

Since these words have endured for over five centuries, I have to believe that a quite a few of us feel this way. I think (from a point of view of COMPASSION) it matters little whether it was ANS or Sister Theresa, these words still apply.

chas

#189334 - 02/10/07 04:55 AM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
I saw nothing wrong with UD's original post, it was not disrespectful and didn't mention her family or friends. He didn't even mention her personal life just her professional life, and you can't tell me we all haven't wondered at one time or another what is the big deal and not just with her but others as well. Paris Hilton? Why have we let these people become stars and role models for some of the youth of
America.
Anna had it tough and paid too high a price for her success.

[This message has been edited by mikeathome1 (edited 02-10-2007).]

#189335 - 02/10/07 05:28 AM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
to the genesys Offline

One thing we have to remember, is that today, you don’t have to be talented to be an entertainer.
You just have to be able to make people laugh, feel good (or some type of emotion), or be amazed/amused with you or something about you.
Whether it is something positive or negative about you, or some thing beneficial or harmful to you is irrelevant.

It only matters that the public gravitate to you or something about you. Just look at American Idol.

May Anna’s soul rest in peace.

[This message has been edited by to the genesys (edited 02-10-2007).]

#189336 - 02/10/07 06:19 AM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Dave's just still tee'd off because of the way he was hussled on that Kentucky piano deal.
Ot, he might miss the Anna look-a-like (without teeth) that served him at Starbucks.

GET OVER IT, dude. Bontempi's MIGHT be worth something someday!

"Redneck" Russ

#189337 - 02/10/07 05:26 PM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
zuki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by captain Russ:
Ot, he might miss the Anna look-a-like (without teeth) that served him at Starbucks.

"Redneck" Russ

You played at Starbuck's?

zuki

#189338 - 02/10/07 06:14 PM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
ianmcnll Offline

Starbucks can be a lucrative gig.

Ian

------------------

#189339 - 02/11/07 06:45 AM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
Uncle Dave Offline

I drove alomst 700 miles and couldn't get a decent cup o' joe. Then, Russ finds me teh "ONLY" Starbucks in Kentucky and Daisy Mae behind the counter tells me she has to "PUT A POT ON" -
thay had no coffee ready !!!
AGGGGHHHHHH.
NO coffee, at Starbucks????? Hello?!?!?!

I love Philadelphia

#189340 - 02/11/07 06:55 AM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
STOP IT UD....
I think I just wet my pants

Eddie

#189341 - 02/11/07 11:45 PM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
At least, Anne Nicole Smith's demise has made Bluezplayer and FAEbGBD to post again in the forum.
Long time no see. Hope you stay.
Theodore

#189342 - 02/12/07 12:00 AM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by trident:
At least, Anne Nicole Smith's demise has made Bluezplayer and FAEbGBD to post again in the forum.
Theodore

Maybe Scott yee & Craig are Anna Nicole fans & they'll surface too

#189343 - 02/12/07 02:45 AM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
And what keyboard did she play??
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#189344 - 02/12/07 04:00 AM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
ianmcnll Offline

All the scandal sheets indicate she played the organ.

Ian

------------------

#189345 - 02/12/07 06:05 AM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
captain Russ Offline

I think you're right, Ian!

Russ

#189346 - 02/12/07 08:01 AM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
trident Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Gunnar Jonny:
And what keyboard did she play??
GJ

No keyboard, just flute.

#189347 - 02/12/07 10:05 AM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
captain Russ Offline

Ouch!

R.

#189348 - 02/12/07 10:08 AM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
ianmcnll Offline

Rumor has it, she sucked on the organ....big time.

Hence the change to flute.

Ian

------------------

#189349 - 02/12/07 11:06 AM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
captain Russ Offline

Heard that she played flute OK, but her timing was bad...tended to rush at the end of every tune!

R.

#189350 - 02/12/07 11:28 AM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
No I am not a fan DNJ, but thank you very much for thinking about me and Scott at a time like this. I really didn't know you still cared enough about us. You do have a heart after all then?

#189351 - 02/12/07 11:33 AM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
Fran Carango Offline

I think you guys are pretty disrespectful..I wonder how you guys would feel about comments like that ..if it was your daughter or sister...

I am disappointed in you guys..

#189352 - 02/12/07 11:40 AM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
Jørgen Sørensen Offline

Loc: Denmark
Hi

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
I think you guys are pretty disrespectful..I wonder how you guys would feel about comments like that ..if it was your daughter or sister...

Well said, Fran.

Jørgen

[This message has been edited by Jørgen Sørensen (edited 02-12-2007).]

#189353 - 02/12/07 11:42 AM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Craig_UK:
No I am not a fan DNJ, but thank you very much for thinking about me and Scott at a time like this. I really didn't know you still cared enough about us. You do have a heart after all then?

Craig....Great to see your still lurking here on the SZ btw say hello to Scotty for us also....
stay well

#189354 - 02/12/07 11:49 AM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:

Now Fran, we have said NOTHING bad...unless you are thinking that way.

Naughty naughty!

Ian

------------------

#189355 - 02/12/07 11:57 AM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
Hi Donny.

I'm not lurking lol
Just thought I'd pop in to see how my 2 sparring partners were doing and you and Fran seem to be doing well

I'll get back to posting on the other forums now, I always feel ill on here.

#189356 - 02/12/07 12:01 PM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
Dnj Offline

Hi Craig,, Funny...I was just listening to your great custom guitar rendition on Tyros 2 simply superb...
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=6BA51767778554F6

#189357 - 02/12/07 01:12 PM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
FAEbGBD Offline

Wasn't but scant days ago I and Jerry were called cold and heartless by one who now is talking about sucking on organs. And then, the old fake guitar mishap resurfaces. It's a wonder I don't post much here. Well, that and the fact that I don't own an arranger yet.

#189358 - 02/12/07 01:13 PM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
captain Russ Offline

Here we go again....WHY? Talk about being disappointed...!

Russ

[This message has been edited by captain Russ (edited 02-12-2007).]

#189359 - 02/12/07 01:21 PM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
ianmcnll Offline

She also sucked on the guitar...and wasn't much of a singer either.

But we shall all miss her nevertheless...poor tortured soul.

Gee...talk about sudden sensitivity...time for the meds fellows...line up...you first, FAEbGBD...

Ian

------------------

#189360 - 02/12/07 01:25 PM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Quote:

Wonder why a tread like this does here at SZ at the first place?
People dies everyday, if we post about all the more or less known
people who dies, whatever cause it, SZ would not have room for any
musically interests or questions.

GJ

#189361 - 02/12/07 01:33 PM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
ianmcnll Offline

Hey Johnny...we're all bored waiting for some new gear to come out...so we can all fight over it.

Otherwise, this thread would have ended long ago...right after my last brilliant remark.

These lulls are so terrible.

Ian

------------------

#189362 - 02/12/07 01:38 PM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
Dnj Offline

Yea right .....people are worried about anna nicole...when hundreds of our men & women Heros are dying in Iraq every day......common now!!!

#189363 - 02/12/07 01:38 PM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
FAEbGBD Offline

"Otherwise, this thread would have ended long ago...right after my last brilliant remark."

yes indeed, that would have been long ago.

#189364 - 02/12/07 01:43 PM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by FAEbGBD:
"Otherwise, this thread would have ended long ago...right after my last brilliant remark."

yes indeed, that would have been long ago.

Thank you, my friend, and it is also refreshing to see you saying something smart for a change.

Ian

------------------

#189365 - 02/12/07 01:46 PM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
Uncle Dave Offline

So........... .
Everyone ready for Baseball spring training ?

#189366 - 02/12/07 01:59 PM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
ianmcnll Offline

If you got the balls, we have the bats.

Ian

------------------

#189367 - 02/12/07 02:11 PM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by trident:
Theodore

Thanks much Theodore.. It seems like it hasn't changed much here since I left though....LOL

After I left a few months ago, I still lurked a bit.. I looked in about once a week or so I guess, but the truth is my life has been pretty busy ( like most folks I would guess ).

I'm reasonably happy with my gear, what is happening for me musically, and my life in general... plus, I really haven't had anything to add to any of the recent discussions that I reckon would have been of much help to anyone, so I figured quiet was best.

Best Regards to you ( and all )

AJ

#189368 - 02/13/07 05:31 AM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
trident Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bluezplayer:
Thanks much Theodore.. It seems like it hasn't changed much here since I left though....LOL

After I left a few months ago, I still lurked a bit.. I looked in about once a week or so I guess, but the truth is my life has been pretty busy ( like most folks I would guess ).

I'm reasonably happy with my gear, what is happening for me musically, and my life in general... plus, I really haven't had anything to add to any of the recent discussions that I reckon would have been of much help to anyone, so I figured quiet was best.

Best Regards to you ( and all )

AJ

Thanks a lot AJ, I believe praise HAS to be given to members who contribute and help others, and your posts have helped me enough.

On the other hand, things here are almost the same...

Fran, you are right, we are pretty disrespectful. You are absolutely right. But sometimes you cannot help it. A while ago, someone here asked what to play for very old guys in a nursing home, and I responded "In the upper room". It is bad, but I just couldn't help it. I just hope that we take it for what it is, humour.

#189369 - 02/13/07 05:33 AM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
Dnj Offline

If ANS is big news the world is DOOMED !

#189370 - 02/13/07 07:05 AM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
RobertG Offline

Loc: Southeastern PA, USA
This entire chain is proof that nothing interesting is happening with arrangers.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaawnnn.

#189371 - 02/13/07 07:22 AM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by RobertG:
This entire chain is proof that nothing interesting is happening with arrangers.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaawnnn.

Really?? When I don't forget to plug in the powercord
before I start play the arranger, plenty of interesting
stuff happens!

Happy Playing.
GJ

#189372 - 02/13/07 07:28 AM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
It's funny how people here are knocking A. Smith. Geez lets compare her to a woman that I KNOW many here love and that's M. Monroe. She wasn't the best singer, but good lord she was freakin HOT. She was an "entertainer". Her life was just as full of crap as A. Smith's. She had affairs, abusive men, and gee I wonder what she died of????

M. Monroe is glorified all the time. A. Smith was a modern day M. Monroe. Her death is traggic, a very young child is left without her mother (and her brother). Rather than trash the woman, respect her as a human being in that she WAS an entertainer as was M. Monroe. She made mistakes just like ALL OF US DO. Let the womans soul rest in peace. It's bad enough she was still mourning the loss of her son, then in her death her home gets robbed and many of her personal items and her daughters were taken. Which I'm sure 90% of it will show up on Ebay.

**You may not have liked Anna's lifestyle, but M. Monroe's was no different**

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 02-13-2007).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#189373 - 02/13/07 08:06 AM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
Dnj Offline

Yea right.....see all these broads in the morning no makeup and its Halloween big time give me a break!

#189374 - 02/13/07 08:38 AM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
trident Offline

You don't have to see them.
In the morning, you're already gone!

#189375 - 02/13/07 02:00 PM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
captain Russ Offline

AJ, Saturday night, a very heavy older grey-haired lady was rolled in a wheel-chair into the restaurant I was working by her granddaughter.

Turns out, she was a former topless dancer at a club I worked in the early 70's.

Damn, getting old can kick you in the A**, sometimes.

Oh well...

"Grandpa" Russ

#189376 - 02/13/07 03:34 PM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
Diki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
It's funny how people here are knocking A. Smith. Geez lets compare her to a woman that I KNOW many here love and that's M. Monroe. She wasn't the best singer, but good lord she was freakin HOT. She was an "entertainer". Her life was just as full of crap as A. Smith's. She had affairs, abusive men, and gee I wonder what she died of????

M. Monroe is glorified all the time. A. Smith was a modern day M. Monroe. Her death is traggic, a very young child is left without her mother (and her brother). Rather than trash the woman, respect her as a human being in that she WAS an entertainer as was M. Monroe. She made mistakes just like ALL OF US DO. Let the womans soul rest in peace. It's bad enough she was still mourning the loss of her son, then in her death her home gets robbed and many of her personal items and her daughters were taken. Which I'm sure 90% of it will show up on Ebay.

**You may not have liked Anna's lifestyle, but M. Monroe's was no different**

OMG..... You can't POSSIBLY compare ANS to MM. Name one film that ANS didn't suck in (pun intended!) and then watch The Misfits, or Some Like It Hot.

MM's addiction was a by-product of her fame, ANS's was the REASON for it. MM had the decency to show shame for her addictions, ANS promoted hers, shamelessly. MM could act, sing and dance (and look hot doing it!), ANS could do nothing but stumble through life incoherently (and look hot only briefly).

If Elton John ever writes a song about ANS, I will personally shoot him!

The TRUE tragedy is that anyone in this country (or across the world) had to watch this train-wreck in the name of 'reality' entertainment.

#189377 - 02/13/07 03:39 PM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
Dnj Offline

Tragedy is the Book & Movie thats coming out soon....

#189378 - 02/13/07 06:07 PM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
Uncle Dave Offline

The Phillies finally have a shot at a competitive rotation this year, huh? I just LOVE the start of baseball season !

#189379 - 02/13/07 06:10 PM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
Dnj Offline

Yeah....will the Yankees keep Bernie?

#189380 - 02/13/07 06:17 PM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
Diki Offline

Has Steinbrenner claimed to be ANS's kid's father yet?

He'd better get in line fast!

#189381 - 02/13/07 07:36 PM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
renig Offline

Loc: Canada
I thought I was mildly interested in this thread, then the subject of baseball came up.

#189382 - 02/13/07 08:55 PM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
Uncle Dave Offline

#189383 - 02/14/07 01:34 AM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
ianmcnll Offline

Ian

------------------

#189384 - 02/16/07 03:45 AM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
I'm from South Africa as some of you know and I saw on the news here last night that South Africa's very own academy award winner Charlize Theron is to play Anna Nicole Smith in a new movie.

#189385 - 02/16/07 04:02 AM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
Uncle Dave Offline

Quote:

South Africa's very own Charlize Theron

Now, THERE's a talented, beautiful actress. Remember how she transformed herself into that "Monster"? It was hard to believe it was her. (She reminds me of Sharon Stone, a little.) If I recall, Monster was a true story too.

#189386 - 02/16/07 07:44 AM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
Dnj Offline

Im sure Disney wont touch that

#189387 - 02/16/07 08:16 AM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
DanO1 Offline

When you look at whats happening with this case, it's a shame they can't even have burial. If Howard Stern would just have the DNA test on the baby.... many questions would be answered.

#189388 - 02/16/07 08:33 AM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
ianmcnll Offline

Howard Stern? Wasn't he the guy with the gospel-talk radio show?

Or was he the DJ on "Good Morning Vietnam"?

Ian

------------------

#189389 - 02/16/07 08:36 AM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
trevorjohn Offline

Loc: Cambridge United Kingdom
I have just gone through this entire thread and I know I'm just an iggerant Englishman but who the hell was Anna Nicole Smith?????

#189390 - 02/16/07 09:25 AM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
Dnj Offline

#189391 - 02/16/07 12:27 PM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
Diki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by trevorjohn:
I have just gone through this entire thread and I know I'm just an iggerant Englishman but who the hell was Anna Nicole Smith?????

ANS, the Humvee of pinups.... trust the Texans to build it larger, and use more gas!

Storm in a teacup, old chap.....!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online