SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#188038 - 08/17/00 10:29 AM PSR-9000 screen go blue.....blank
Hein OLivier Offline

Loc: Port Elizabeth South Africa
Please help!!!!!!!!My 90000 screen went blank or should I say blue twice in a row and I had to reload the os version 202 to get it working again. In this condition it is stone dead and does not respond to anything. Must I be concerned????What is the cause....Thaks for any advice..Regards to all Hein Olivier

#188039 - 08/17/00 01:40 PM Re: PSR-9000 screen go blue.....blank
Roel Offline

Hallo Hein,

Yeah.... You do have a serious reason to be concerned. It seems your PSR has a big problem and she can let you down at any time.

I'm not sure how the OS is stored : In flash rom or battery powered RAM. But the fact you have to reload the OS again is a 'bad' sign.
I would advise you to visit your dealer/repair center as soon as possible, because there seems to be a hardware faillure. I hope the error can be reproduced so the engineers have something to diagnose.

kind regards,

Roel

#188040 - 08/18/00 12:01 AM Re: PSR-9000 screen go blue.....blank
UlrichM Offline

The display problem is a weel known problem with the 9000 and OS 2.02, but normally - what I've heard and experienced myself - the PSR is continuing to play and a press on the Exit button reloads the display content.

So I'm a little bit concerned that your PSR is really dead after the failure occur.

At least Yamaha in Germany is trying to find out what the reason behind this behaviour is, up to now they cannot reproduce the error in their lab.

Ulrich

#188041 - 08/18/00 07:16 AM Re: PSR-9000 screen go blue.....blank
Hein OLivier Offline

Loc: Port Elizabeth South Africa
Thanks a lot for your reply . I will take this up with my dealer who happens to be most helpful. He is sending a copy of the comments to the Agents.......Thanks once again,,,Regards...Hein

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online