SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#186206 - 04/08/02 12:58 PM PSR740 550 Styles - Sound Pro?
tony harbour Offline

Loc: wilts,england
I am thinking of trading in my KN6000 (ew65 + HD) For Atelier AT50 Organ - (cost £900 p/x) As I miss experience of playing organ. I will then probably miss the excellent autoaccomp features of todays top keyboards. But with the midrange keyboards having top end specs now at cheap prices I am considering whether to purchase one to link via midi. My main Q is how good are the styles on say psr640 compared to psr9000? Obviously there is less MB (12 compared to 32) does this make a lot of difference on styles? Thanxs - Tone.

#186207 - 04/08/02 02:44 PM Re: PSR740 550 Styles - Sound Pro?
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
This is really a matter of personal taste. There are a lot of mixed opinions about them. You'd really have to hear them for yourself. Some people here have described Yamaha's styles as really basic, which isn't bad because they leave a lot of room for user modifications.... I feel the styles are pretty good as a starting point for composition. In my opinion Solton has the most realistic styles out there.... If you haven't heard them go the the Solton website and check out the demos. Even the older model the X1 had killer styles.... Again, that's just my opinion...

Squeak

------------------
Love me and I'll love you back..., but touch my beer and I'll break your freakin legs...:)
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online