SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#183652 - 12/11/04 10:14 AM Looking for Ketron tone comparison.
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
The idea of having the Midjay which is 7 lbs and a controller keyboard that weighs around 7 lbs sounds very appealling to me.

Right now I am awaiting a reply from Ketron to see which are the styles as in live play on the demos on their website.

Since I have never heard a Ketron, I would like to ask those that have if they could compare the sound with a Tyros and a PSR2000, as those I've heard.

I've also heard the KN7000 and the PA80, neither of which suits my tastes.

I realize the sound thing is very subjective as some of the keyboards that some people think are great I don't like at all, just as some may not care for Yamaha, but, I'd like to be able to get some kind of feel, if I can on the Ketron tone.

Scott Langholff

#183653 - 12/11/04 11:14 AM Re: Looking for Ketron tone comparison.
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
The tones that Ketron uses are as good as any out there, and they use their best panel voices in their GM set, so the sequences and auto parts sound as goos as possible. I stopped using Ketron because of playability and poliphonic issues ... not because of sounds. The drums are especially wonderful.

#183654 - 12/11/04 11:27 AM Re: Looking for Ketron tone comparison.
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Hey Scott ,

I do have some tunes posted on my website. The songs were all recorded using the SD1.

www.keyboardcity.net Click on SD1 .

Not that my songs are all that great, but the mp3's will give you an idea of what ketron products can sound like.

Dan O'

#183655 - 12/11/04 02:14 PM Re: Looking for Ketron tone comparison.
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
On my website, "Walkin' The Dog" and "Killin' Time" were both done on the X1. http://207.150.221.97/donmason/page3.html
DonM

#183656 - 12/11/04 08:20 PM Re: Looking for Ketron tone comparison.
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hi DanO and Don

Thanx for pointing the way to your demos. Sound's real good.

I'm going to keep investigating the Midjay option.

Scott

#183657 - 12/13/04 01:35 PM Re: Looking for Ketron tone comparison.
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
As most people know, I am a Ketron user. I started playing them 10 years ago. Styles and sounds are the best I've ever heard. There is a significant learning curve, and it's difficult for some people to locate a dealer.

Every time a new keyboard is available I test it out, and have even bought a few, but I keep going back to Ketron. They help me do a more professional job.

Saw a prototype of Midjay at NAMM, and it was awsome.

Everyone has a preference, and this is mine....nothing else!

Happy holidays!

Russ

#183658 - 12/13/04 01:48 PM Re: Looking for Ketron tone comparison.
Dnj Offline

KETRONS NAVAGATION [which is #1 issue with me] on stage with their zkb's that zive used.. KEEPS ME AWAY....BUT IN A STUDIO/recording SITUATION they sound wonderfull.......with many features that I wish were on my 3000 like Drum & Bass & Style lock amonst many others.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online