SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#182308 - 09/30/05 01:41 AM pa for a le
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
yesterday night i changed my pa50 for a triton le. just to see if i can get along with it well. i mainly would prefer le for it\s sequencer capabilities.
but i was a little bit disappointed, the function are ok, but the sounds are not as appropriate for me as i thought.
my type of music is not hip-hop, or trance or so, and i discovered le sounds are kind of made for that.
so, i will ask my pa back, at least i got to know that keyboard well!
...and pa has better sounds! (i wonder how come?)

#182309 - 09/30/05 03:37 AM Re: pa for a le
ricok987 Offline

Loc: N Brunswick, NJ, US
Last year I had done the exact opposite. I originally purchased the le-loved the sequencer but the sounds did not stack up well to a motif when I tried to record songs using both boards. They were very thin stack into tracks of motif sounds. I traded it for the PA50, and use the PA50 as sort of a scratch pad/drum machine.

#182310 - 09/30/05 07:24 AM Re: pa for a le
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I traded it for the PA50, and use the PA50 as sort of a scratch pad/drum machine.
---------------------------------------------
That's an expensive scratchpad and drum machine

The Le isn't a bad synth. It's not going to give you the acoustic quality of a Motif though. It will however work well for what was mentioned, being HipHop, Trance, ect. The Triton Le does have a very good sequencer. The acoustic sounds aren't bad, but they're not the best either. It does however allow you to upgrade with a sampler. The Le is a budget synth. Really just a budget Triton. That's why it only cost's $1,000. I think it's worth it for that price.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online