SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#179578 - 02/24/04 01:46 PM Re: Roland V-Combo VR760 review
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
Stop arguing.
I also have a 19" monitor, with resolution set at 800 x 600. I'm not part of the 57%.
Starkeeper

#179579 - 02/24/04 02:36 PM Re: Roland V-Combo VR760 review
freddynl Offline

Loc: netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Fred, why not post your comments on the VR760?
I would be interested in what you have to say..Fran

Fran, I am not good in reviews

But to understand why I bought the board I give you the full story.

Anyway a friend of a friend (you know how that goes) needed a band about a year ago on his fifties birthday party, so a couple of old mucisians including myself joined forces and played on this party.
To our surprise we had great response and we loved it to play in a rock band again after so many years. (that was 25 years ago for me.)
So right on the party we decided to start a band again. ( a kind of revival with old guys like me" just for fun)
We are doing a lot of sixties and seventies rock and pop, so I just needed a board with good organ and piano sounds which was transportable,(not heavy) and easy in setup.
For a while I used my old G 800 which has reasonable sounds with some tweaking and equalizing, but I needed something better and I did not want to miss my K2600 at home which is way to heavy anyway for transport.

I first looked for the Gem Promega but the keys were weighted so pretty hard to do hammond glissandro's, while the hammond sounds were the most needed.

Anyway then the VK 760 came.
I was sold in 5 minutes by the keyboard feel alone..., Then the ease of use., Untill this day I did not look in the manual,
Basicly ofcourse because I use what's there.

The sounds are terrific.
It is a perfect performance keyboard in a band.
A transportable hammond and rhodes is what it is!

So all in all my reasons for buying the board are different if you look at it from arranger perspectives.
Nevertheless I would consider the board an excellent add on to an arranger if you don't mind carrying an extra board.

It is in our rehearsel place so I did not do much tweaking untill this day.
Maybe during the summer when we have a summer break. (I might even start reading the manual. )

Hope you enjoyed the story.

Fred

#179580 - 02/26/04 09:58 AM Re: Roland V-Combo VR760 review
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Fran, Just got back from vacation and read your FANTASTIC review. There's not much else I can add to your cudos. I have owned many keyboards and missed out on some real winners, but this time I think I got it right with the VR-760. The two SRX slots are definitely what make this board so universally hot. I know a number of guys who never gave it a second look because of the organ/piano rep, but once everything kicks in, this is one monster board. The nicest thing is, it's not the difficult to learn.
Looking forward to sharing ideas with you as time goes on.

Cass

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online