SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#178691 - 11/11/02 12:04 AM Re: Ketron Vega: Oriental Keyboard?
asafar Offline

Loc: New York
Hi
I have some Vega Demos I made me and my friends on my website. http://www.abdallahsafar.com/Music.htm

#178692 - 11/11/02 12:29 AM Re: Ketron Vega: Oriental Keyboard?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer:
How many keyboards could Ketron sell on the Far East market (China, Korea and Japan?)

I can't speak for Ketron specificly, but I'd guess there are more people living in Asia than Europe and North America put together, so I'd think the keyboard market potential (in China alone) could be enormous.

Asafar: MANY thanks for sharing your songs produced on the Ketron Vega. The Middle Eastern Instruments & Styles sound unique and beautiful. Very expressive playing. Which specific 'Vega' Arabic instruments and styles were used on your demos?

#178693 - 11/11/02 07:56 PM Re: Ketron Vega: Oriental Keyboard?
Mosiqaar Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA, USA
I too never understood why they call arabic/middle eastern targeted keyboards as Oriental ones...as everyone said Oriental to means the Far East.

As far the Vega Scott and any "oriental" arranger in today's market, it is marketed for the middle eastern music and the sounds and styles in it are mainly focused on arabic music.

#178694 - 11/11/02 09:06 PM Re: Ketron Vega: Oriental Keyboard?
vic83 Offline

Loc: Florida
Those oriental keyboards are not quit made in USA. it's always in Italy or Japan. so I guess they view the middle east that way.

Mosiqar,there is another reason that I'm thinking of.when we say oriental in arabic it's "sharki" and western is "garbe".if any body asked ( in the middile east) what style you play, an arabic musician answer would say "sharki songs or gharbi songs" or "just sharki songs" and vice versa.what I'm trying to say is I think that if you have a keyboard that can play middle eastern styles and sounds then in our words it's a sharki keyboards or oriental keyboard if you were to translate it to english.make sense?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online