SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#177932 - 07/17/05 01:20 AM Psr2000 has to last another 5 years
beachbum Offline

Loc: Austin
Looks like I'm stuck with me PSR2000 for another 3 years...(No coin in me pockets) Anyway, just to show you how the board is holding up you can check out what the board will do... Paradise is the lastest... http://www.soundclick.com/bands/0/dcall_music.htm

Thanks for the listen...
DJ

#177933 - 07/17/05 05:26 AM Re: Psr2000 has to last another 5 years
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Hi Beachbum:

Your PSR-2000 sounds great. I have no doubt that you will be able to use it for several years to come. (Mine serves me well.)

Listened to "Paradise" but due to my lo-fi (modem)connection was not ideal. You have real potential. Keep grinding away. We live in a world where the music industry is experiencing the early phases of an implosion. Until a "vehicle" emerges that gives "newbies" a fair shake, it's going to be a long, uphill climb for those with the tenacity to keep trying. Thank God for all the new, inexpensive technology available to us. Without it, we would still be in the songwriting and performing stone age.

My Best to You. RICE

#177934 - 07/17/05 06:27 AM Re: Psr2000 has to last another 5 years
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
DJ,

The keyboard will probably outlive you! It's a tough board, and I know of at least one that had a vodka & tonic drinking problem and still survives today. Another I know of had a pitcher of beer dumped on the board and after a half-hour with a hair dryer, it came back to life and still works just fine.

The main thing about all keyboards is they cannot tollerate pounding the the keys or switches--this is death to any board. A Jerry Lee Lewis type player will destroy the keypads of any board, and if the momentary switches are punched with the same intensity, they'll quickly go down the tube.

Keep that 2000 and save your pennies for the next generation of PSR, or Tyros.

Good Luck,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#177935 - 07/17/05 08:43 PM Re: Psr2000 has to last another 5 years
beachbum Offline

Loc: Austin
Hey guys...
Hey rice thanks for the listen... Lo fi always bad... Yep these 2000's make song writing so much better. However, it still takes me about a month to do a tune...

Hey Gary... Let's see I'm about 2 1/2 years in at this point, and still can sit down with the keyboard and think of something... I'm not gigging with it so it sits in the house and I don't mash at the keys to much.. I hope your right about it's longivity...

DJ

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online