Loc: Brighton - UK
Thanks for the demos

Nice "live" sounds Donny and great variety

The Trumpets especially sound good

Regards - Keith (KFingers)

#176866 - 09/20/07 09:39 AM Re: A Few KORG PA800 Stlye Demos I Recorded
Dnj Offline

Steve, KFingers....

Apreciate the listen....The Pa800 just needs to be tamed....once you crack the combination to its Goodies
some KB's take longer then others....

more to come.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 09-20-2007).]

#176867 - 09/20/07 10:16 AM Re: A Few KORG PA800 Stlye Demos I Recorded
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Donny,
Very nice. Sure sounds a zillion times better than one I demoed at Sam Ash. Of course, I couldn't get into all the tweaking in that environment. You done good.
Eddie

#176868 - 09/20/07 10:23 AM Re: A Few KORG PA800 Stlye Demos I Recorded
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
I must say, I did like the styles. Korg definitely has a different approach to style making than Yamaha does. They seem to use fewer instruments, but the instruments that are there are played a bit more complex.

But I don't think I could live with some of those voices. The acoustic bass has this weird clink sound whenever an A is sounded. Particularly apparent on the Dixieland style. And I've never heard a real trumpet player using a mute do that wah-wah-wah-wah effect as the note is held. And the flute! Sounded like the guy who made their flute samples managed to get a little air into the flute to creat the sound, but most of it missed. What an airy blowey tone!

#176869 - 09/20/07 10:23 AM Re: A Few KORG PA800 Stlye Demos I Recorded
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by btweengigs:
Donny,
Very nice. Sure sounds a zillion times better than one I demoed at Sam Ash. Of course, I couldn't get into all the tweaking in that environment. You done good.
Eddie

Thanx Eddie your experience like many including myself in stores that have the original OS1.01 .....OS1.51 makes a BIG difference.....I still haven't had time to take each style and edit sound levels, efx etc .....but the Pa800 is a full "TOOLBOX" you just got to use the proper ones to build the house

#176870 - 09/20/07 11:56 AM Re: A Few KORG PA800 Stlye Demos I Recorded
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Very nice, Donny. That was certainly a nice rundown of many of the meat and potatoes sounds in the PA800. Maybe another one demo-ing the more modern styles would be nice...

First things first... As a Triton owner, I can only say... this is the first Korg I could tolerate the main piano on! That's actually a pretty good one by any standards, and amazing by Korg's!

The drums, to me, are a mixed bag, punchier than yamaha, softer than Roland. Nice styles, more of a smaller ensemble of good musicians than Yamaha's 'lots of average ones' approach (apart from the guitars).

But the brass... Firstly, I'll fire any trumpet player with a vibrato THAT wide! (unless I'm doing mariachi!). I never heard a sax that got my juices flowing, I'm afraid to say. Nice t'bone, though.

But overall, I'd have to give a big thumbs up to the PA800, at the price point and form factor. A Huge improvement over the PA80, IMO.

How's the key action?

#176871 - 09/20/07 12:08 PM Re: A Few KORG PA800 Stlye Demos I Recorded
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by FAEbGBD:
The acoustic bass has this weird clink sound whenever an A is sounded.

That tone works great in styles, but it is easy to "trigger" the fingerboard slap noise with velocity too.

Quote:
I've never heard a real trumpet player using a mute do that wah-wah-wah-wah effect

Oh, I have ! A harmon mute with the center taken out, right Geaorge Kaye? Great effect!

Quote:
the flute Sounded like the guy who made their flute samples managed to get a little air into the flute to creat the sound, but most of it missed.

I LOVE this breathy flute. It's a terrific example of having the mic right in front of the lips...as many flute players position themselves. When youy play a quiet instrument, you do what you can to be heard !

#176872 - 09/20/07 02:58 PM Re: A Few KORG PA800 Stlye Demos I Recorded
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
This was a great selection, I throughly enjoyed listening to it. Great playing, thanks.

Graham

#176873 - 09/20/07 03:06 PM Re: A Few KORG PA800 Stlye Demos I Recorded
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
this is really fine work and the sounds/styles are just beautiful. Makes me feel like starting to play again.
Thanks a bunch for sharing your new board with us.
Best regards,
Bebop

#176874 - 09/20/07 06:29 PM Re: A Few KORG PA800 Stlye Demos I Recorded
Telmo Offline

Loc: Brazil - South America
Well done Donny, that's come to prove, in the right hands, the pa-800 will sound awsome. The gentleman who pointed all bad opinions about this great board wasn't in one of his lucky days anyway, that's all.
keep up the good work. My Pa-800, which I ordered, is coming soon. Cheers.

------------------

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online