SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#17668 - 06/04/99 04:27 PM "this is a blank formatted diskette" sample
huey Offline

Loc: paris
Hi to you all.
I don't own an Korg machine but I need Korg users' help.I explain. Someone told me about the Korg keyboards,that when you try to load something from a blank disk, there's a sample that plays and it says "this is a blank formatted diskette". This sample has been used in a french song and I'd love to have the original dry sample. Could someone send it to me (wav or mp3).
I would be very gratefull.
As this sample is not intended to be part of the sound banks of the keyboard, I don't think there are copyright problems. Anyway, I don't mean to use it in a musical way ,I'm just so curious.
Would you help me ?
Thanks for reading.

Huey

#17669 - 06/09/99 10:07 PM Re: "this is a blank formatted diskette" sample
Ward Music Offline

Loc: Vancouver, B.C. Canada
I've know every Korg keyboard with a disk drive, including the O1/Wfd, X series, N -series, Trinity and Triton, and have never heard this sample. This is not produced by a Korg keyboard's ROM samples, however, it is displayed on the screen.

Steve Martin
Ward Music Ltd.

#17670 - 11/30/08 04:15 PM Re: "this is a blank formatted diskette" sample
Justin Gazda Offline

Loc: Marietta GA, USA
the sample was used in CCCP's digital musicland

#17671 - 12/25/08 10:41 PM Re: "this is a blank formatted diskette" sample
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Wow this is an old thread to get ressurected after all these years.

Actually that sample wasn't even from a Korg keyboard. It was from the Ensoniq Mirage sampler and was on all blank formatted diskettes before they had any new samples written to disk. You can still hear it by going to this website which plays it on the front page http://sustenance.va.com.au/d/mirage.html

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online