SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#176006 - 08/23/07 04:21 PM Re: WHY Wont Yamaha make a 76 KEY ARRANGER Arggggg!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by to the genesys:
If that were the case, how do you explain Roland, Korg, Ketron, Lionstrack making 76 key arrangers?

I suspect Yamaha is merely marketing their arranger series to a different audience. Yamaha's arranger selling point & focus has always been its user friendly interface especially attractive to the home hobbyist player and people transitioning from the now defunct home organ market. This remains the bulk of Yamaha's arranger keyboard market, and perhaps one of the reasons Yamaha is maintaining 61 keys on their arrangers, as it's the same as the 5 octave organ's range, with organ keyboard feel to boot.

The fact that there are pros out there now utilizing Yamaha arrangers (to gain one man band daily gigging portablility ease) too, is merely icing on the cake for Yamaha. Tyros2 continues to deliver the goods, at least for me.

Scott

#176007 - 08/23/07 08:42 PM Re: WHY Wont Yamaha make a 76 KEY ARRANGER Arggggg!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer:
I don't think that the Synthzone crowd is representative of the average arranger keyboard user and even less of the average Yamaha a.k. user.
If you hang on these Fora ( Yamaha YPKO ) for -say- a week you will have a better grasp of the average Yamaha a.k. user and you will see that they couldn't care less for a 76 notes Tyros or S900.

I concur. Home hobbyist vs pro player and one's playing skill level don't necessarily go hand in hand. Here's just a sampling of '61 note' Yamaha arranger keyboard music performed & shared by my Yamaha arranger keyboard member buddies on the Yamaha YPKO forum:

Willie Tait: This Is The Moment

John North: American Trilogy

Craig Eyre: Hello Again

Heikki Kahola: Apache

Eileen Lowrey: Theatre Organ Medley

Scott

#176008 - 08/23/07 11:24 PM Re: WHY Wont Yamaha make a 76 KEY ARRANGER Arggggg!
casiobot Offline

Surprise,surprise guess what?
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/closeup/M3-73--Main

Yeah, I know it's NOT an arranger but I was just shocked when I was going through Sweetwaters catalog last night.

I am now thoroughly convinced that there is a wiretap on what's left of my brain.

#176009 - 08/23/07 11:39 PM Re: WHY Wont Yamaha make a 76 KEY ARRANGER Arggggg!
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Scott
Just because Yamaha do not import their Electones (Organs) into Europe or the US any more does not mean the organ market is defunct.
As far as Electones go they are as popular as ever in the Asia market, and are constantly being imported into Europe by uses who find arranger keyboards too limiting.
New models from all manufactures are regularly released, with 4 manufactures releasing new models in the next few months. (Roland are releasing an entire new range)
Enjoy whatever you play

Bill

#176010 - 08/24/07 12:31 AM Re: WHY Wont Yamaha make a 76 KEY ARRANGER Arggggg!
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by to the genesys:

And just because there are web sights that are dedicated to Yamaha arranger 61 key players does not say that those persons are in support of 61 key arrangers. It just means that they are dealing with what they are provided with.

Fine... so all you have to do is go to one of the websites I mentioned before and ask the famous question:

"Who is interested into a 76 keys arranger?"

...and then wait and see.

#176011 - 08/24/07 03:20 AM Re: WHY Wont Yamaha make a 76 KEY ARRANGER Arggggg!
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
The number of people who switched to 76 notes on SZ is relatively small compared to the numbers Yamaha would consider in order to justify a 76 note instrument...it's always the same few who cry about it over and over...incessantly.

In my opinion, SZ has very little influence on Yamaha's decisions.

Ian

judging by the amount of absolute crap that flies across this forum on a highly regular basis, how could we expect to be taken seriously... i mean seriously to be honest, if a serious Yamaha rep was looking at this site viewing our "conversations" or "discussions" they would probbaly laugh and think we are a bunch of tools. I merely dont blame them for not answering our requests...

Nick

[This message has been edited by Nick G (edited 08-24-2007).]

#176012 - 08/24/07 06:21 AM Re: WHY Wont Yamaha make a 76 KEY ARRANGER Arggggg!
Dnj Offline

Thank goodness for the SD1+

#176013 - 08/24/07 06:29 AM Re: WHY Wont Yamaha make a 76 KEY ARRANGER Arggggg!
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Yes, Donny, you obviously made a good choice...glad it's working for you.

Ian

------------------
Common misconception...size and weight equal quality and performance. Don't be fooled.

#176014 - 08/24/07 06:38 AM Re: WHY Wont Yamaha make a 76 KEY ARRANGER Arggggg!
Dnj Offline

Ian its not perfect but works for me ...the very small 76 footprint of the Sd1+ (smallest of all arrangers) is to my liking, sounds are stunning....although styles are IN YOUR FACE and with mucho tweaking I have got them sounding real nice ...to this point....navigation is very thoughtful for the live player, key-feel is wonderful......for now Im diggin it.....
I Will Not Rule Out other units down the road from any brand as long as it suffices MY needs.....but for now its the SD1+ for me. With whats out there now I am forced to be patient.
Glad you enjoying your S900 also

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online