SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#175549 - 06/27/01 10:53 PM Another Vocal Harmonizer ?
XP60User Offline

Loc: On, Canada
Dear All,
Facing the "singing the incorrect note" blues, I was wondering if it was possible to learn to sing the right note using a Vocal Harmonizer. More specifically, can a VH tell me which note I am singing in. So for example, I sing "aaaaaaa" into the mic, and the screen tells/shows me a "C" representing the note I was singing in. I know there are software for PCs that can do that. Can a Vocal Harmonizer say, on the PSR740 or PSR900 do that?

Thanks in advance.

-----------------------------
Poison(smog) index in Toronto today was 62. 50 is considered poor, the lower the better. In all the talk about warning people to stay in or not run outdoors, not one thing was mentioned about how we can prevent this from happening. I say we dump the cars and take a walk to grocery store instead. Or for those of you with good weather all year around, consider mopeds. And please car pool voluntarily, before you are forced to.

#175550 - 06/28/01 10:18 AM Re: Another Vocal Harmonizer ?
TomTomSF Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
I think the answer is "no". Not on the 740 anyway, Or the Digitech Vocalist Workstation. The Digitech can do "notes" from the keyboard. That is, you sing or say "ahh", press a key on the keyboard and it transposes your voice to that exact key you are pressing.
Now, my dirty little secret. I sing bad. But, with the Digitech, I turn down (off) the lead and the beautiful harmony voices are always perfectly on key! The girls & boys in the chorus sound wonderful! Remember - I am not an entertainer - just playing at home for fun!!
Tom

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online