SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#173136 - 06/21/03 08:51 AM Re: Monster Cable & Yamaha
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Mike..
I thought I was reading a script from Monk.

Fact is, I have two PSR 2000s and the monster cable did not work with either of them. So...does the incompatibility lie with Monster or Yamaha? Hmmmm.

I sent the stereo cable back to Monster and they are making a mono for me. Which means I will most likely have the most expensive, one of a kind, mono, 6 1/2 ft., XLR>1/4", Monster cable in the world.

Eddie

#173137 - 06/22/03 06:07 AM Re: Monster Cable & Yamaha
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Mike,

After checking both of my 2000s, the conclusion I came to was the Monter Cable was the likely suspect--not the keyboards. One keyboard with a defective jack--maybe. Two keyboards with defective jacks--NAH! You have a much better chance of being struck by lightning at the North Pole in mid January than two identical keyboards being defective.

To prove a point, just two days ago I had to remove a brand-new, high-priced, heavy-duty instrument cable from a wiring harness I just completed. The cable was defective right out of the package, and becasue they were touted as the best--I never bothered to check them all for continuity. Consequently, I had to remove the entire casing from the custom harness, remove the defective cable, then install a new one, a process that took about two hours to complete. The bottom line is manufacturers no longer inspect their products because the added labor and time increases the cost and reduces their bottom line. This holds true with nearly all products--including computers, software, amps, everything. That's why cars are so often recalled.

Cheers,

Gary

[This message has been edited by travlin'easy (edited 06-22-2003).]

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online