SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#172504 - 11/12/04 07:43 PM Recorded a song on the VA-7! (Dido - White Flag)
Sander Offline

Loc: Hoogeveen, Drenthe, The Nether...
Ladies and mostly gentlemen,

Proudly I present to you, exclusively to the Zone... my first recorded published song! It's a rendition (I think that's the right word?) of Dido with White Flag. I played it at 4 AM local time here, so the keys are not being hit that hard..
Played by heart.

I would really like to hear your critism and other comments...

You can download it by clicking this link:
Download whiteflag.zip [5.67 MB]

[This message has been edited by Sander (edited 11-12-2004).]

#172505 - 11/12/04 09:34 PM Re: Recorded a song on the VA-7! (Dido - White Flag)
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Very nice,

My wife sang along with it right away. She said it sounds great.
We're doing our own little version of that song, so it was refreshing to hear yours.

Well balanced sounds. Well done.

Eric

#172506 - 11/12/04 09:42 PM Re: Recorded a song on the VA-7! (Dido - White Flag)
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Good job! More, more!
DonM

#172507 - 11/12/04 09:56 PM Re: Recorded a song on the VA-7! (Dido - White Flag)
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Sander,
I did not know this song, but I really liked it. Congratulations for the sound quality and also your keyboard skills. My only question is: does the original song also ends so abruptly? If the answer is "yes", then everything it's fine, otherwise maybe a most gradual ending could be better.
I definitely join Don Mason in his request of new songs!

#172508 - 11/13/04 07:59 AM Re: Recorded a song on the VA-7! (Dido - White Flag)
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Sander, great to not only see you posting here again, but treating us to a 'new song' as well. Very Nice! I assume you recorded your rendition of White Flag on the Roland VA7, right?

For those newer (but probably older) members here, Sander lives in the Netherlands & one of our senior (albeit possibly youngest (in age) member's here, joining our group (1/2001) only a year after myself. Welcome back Sander.

Scott

Btw, you still into raising tropical fish?

------------------
http://scottyee.com

#172509 - 11/13/04 08:08 AM Re: Recorded a song on the VA-7! (Dido - White Flag)
Dnj Offline

Great Job...I really enjoyed it!
The VA7 really shines through......

Thanx For Sharing

#172510 - 11/13/04 11:58 AM Re: Recorded a song on the VA-7! (Dido - White Flag)
Sander Offline

Loc: Hoogeveen, Drenthe, The Nether...
Thanks for all your kind replies...

This forum is really an inspiration for me to get me playing.

Eric: Someone singing along sounds great, can you record that?

Don: More is coming now.. I guess..!

Andrea: You're right! The original song indeeds end a LITTLE more gradual.. But I'm glad with it.. In my opinion the song requires a silence after it has been played.. That's because why I let it end this way..

Scott: Thank you for re-introducing me. This will surely make me stay this time. I've had my reasons to 'quit' posting on this board for some time, but I think I will stay now. The fish have been burried and eaten by the ground-monsters I think by now.. So no more tropical-fish-raising..!

Donny: I can't agree more with you; the VA-7 shines really through.. I must confess that the sound demo's of the Tyros also interest me, but I think the next one will still be the G70

So far the song has been downloaded 68 times already..!

[This message has been edited by Sander (edited 11-13-2004).]

#172511 - 11/13/04 02:46 PM Re: Recorded a song on the VA-7! (Dido - White Flag)
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Sander, great Job!!!

I love the sound of that keyboard. Real nice.

What did you use to record it?

Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#172512 - 11/13/04 03:08 PM Re: Recorded a song on the VA-7! (Dido - White Flag)
ChicoBrasil Offline

Loc: Belo Horizonte,Minas Gerais,Br...
I loved your song , Sander .
Tks for sharing and Brasilian regards.

Chico

#172513 - 11/13/04 03:09 PM Re: Recorded a song on the VA-7! (Dido - White Flag)
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by Sander:

So far the song has been downloaded 68 times already..!

69 times! Great job Sander!!

I agree that the VA-7's Acoustic Grand Piano sounds very good. There is a mellowness to it which is appealing, especially I would think for Jazz and Piano Lounge type music.

Thanks for sharing your song with us and welcome back to the ZONE!

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online