SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#17249 - 11/16/98 05:04 PM Beginner!!!! Please Help??????
Anonymous
Unregistered

As a grown man it is not often that I grovel. I have just bought a Korg X5D synth and am using an old version of Cubasis. Why do my voices change everytime I reload the song's and HOW do I set it up to use more than just the GM bank. "Patches, Banks????" please help??????

Rob

#17250 - 11/16/98 10:27 PM Re: Beginner!!!! Please Help??????
WS Offline

I don't know if this will work for Cubasis but for Cakewalk you need to use the following.
Bank A is 0
Bank GM is 7168
BankDrums is 7968
Look for something in your cubasis manual that might give you a formula to use for different manufacturers...or wait a day and I'm sure someone with an X5D and Cubasis will respond.

#17251 - 11/17/98 07:01 PM Re: Beginner!!!! Please Help??????
Anonymous
Unregistered

ws
Thanks for your help. What in your opinioon would be the simplest set-up. Cubasis which is actually an old version only able to read 8characters of file names or Cakewalk.. I had tried cakewalk but all I could get when changing instrument definitions was GM sounds but the Korg Bank A names in. Perhaps synth is set wrongly?? Any further help or "getting started" tips greatly appreciated

Rob

#17252 - 11/22/98 11:13 PM Re: Beginner!!!! Please Help??????
Anonymous
Unregistered

To use sounds other than GM you will need to send a bank change message at the start of the relevant track. Do you have the X5D manual? You'll need that to find out what values to use... you could try something like MSB 81, LSB 0 (just a guess). You send a patch change message to select the appropriate sound/patch after that. Sorry this probably don't help much...

#17253 - 11/24/98 12:25 AM Re: Beginner!!!! Please Help??????
WS Offline

I have Cubase but have gotten use to Cakewalk and I find it more user friendly. Other people may disagree. They both do the same thing though. If you still have a version of Cakewalk just go to track view and use those banks that I gave you. You will need to set the effects on the X5D in Multimode. I like to use A01 because it is just a good basic reverb.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online