SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#172086 - 05/24/05 12:31 PM Ever been second-guessed?
flatfoot Offline

Loc: sacramento CA

There have been a lot of posts recently in which y'all express your opinion about which keyboard is best. I wonder if any of you have had your opinion overridden by your audience...?

In my case, I sing at nursing homes to prerecorded tracks I make using MIDI. My favorite voices are from the Voice Crystal soundset. But when I made some tracks using the Roland Virtual Sound Canvas, I saw a distinct change in my audience. They reacted much more positively to the Roland sounds...more tapping of toes, singing along, etc. Same with friends who stop by my studio and hear what I am working on. It may because of the Roland drums, which I will admit are very good, or something about the way the Roland voices work together as an ensemble. Whatever the difference may be, the response of my audience is unmistakable.

I still use the Voice Crystal when playing for myself, but now I use the Roland for paid gigs.

I wonder if you have ever had something like this happen to you. Have you ever decided to use a particular piece of hardware or software because your audience likes it...even if its not your personal favorite?

#172087 - 05/24/05 06:19 PM Re: Ever been second-guessed?
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Talk to DonM. He traded his Tyros for a Ketron SD1 because of better sound even though he liked operating the Tyros better.

[This message has been edited by Tom Cavanaugh (edited 05-24-2005).]

Tom

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online