SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#171916 - 11/07/02 08:58 PM Re: Boy I love being a father!
MagicUser Offline

Loc: New York, USA
Squeak et al,
You are correct at being a father is great. I have 4 wonderful sons (everyone needs a hobby). They all have followed me at one time or another on the keyboards. One of them plays extremely well now.
They are all different. I Love so much being with them that we are at home together for most of the week. I work out of the house and they homeschool (actually the world is their school). The great benefit is that I don't have to stop enjoying their "firsts." The first time they walk, talk, write their names, etc. I get to share it all (selfish me )
When my oldest was younger he would not let me put him down. I pretty much had him all the time. People used to tell me I was spoiling him. I would reply that I was spoiling myself, in a few months he would probably not let me pick him up and would be self-mobile. I got that right. You can't spoil a chlid under 2. Enjoy every chance you get with them.
When I was younger I thought I wanted to be a grandfather cuz they were such cool people. I would want to skip evreything and just go to grandfather. Now I am aware of all the things I would have missed. I still tell my kids I want to be a grandfather but I can wait till much later.
Now the are old enough to help me build my house and that is a plus! They all helped me put the roof on and help with the wood working too. It is such a joy to watch them grow up. It happens way too fast.

Thanks for sharing and bringing this thread here. We have a wonderful group here.

- Brian

#171917 - 11/08/02 06:30 AM Re: Boy I love being a father!
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
squeak .... in an earlier post I said nothing impresses more than example ... but I have to caution you that the spoken word is certainly mightier than the sword ...along with all the GREAT memories I have of our kids growing up, I remember one time when our son was about 9 yrs old ... we were having one of our weekend family get togethers at our house (we had the swimming pool), and I don't even recall what my son was doing but I remember telling him to "get out of here" ... well he took it harder than I meant it, and when I realized he wasn't around for a while I asked where he was ... one of the other kids told me he was sitting in front of the garage ... I went to him and he still had tears in his eyes... I asked him what was wrong, and he told me that I didn't want him around ... after much talking we got things ok, but 25 yrs later I still can't forget how hurt he was....
t.

#171918 - 11/08/02 06:47 AM Re: Boy I love being a father!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I hear ya on that tony mads usa.. I'm one of 8 children and I know how it can get.. I'm very cautious with what I say to my daughter (even now).... That's probably why I spoil her so much... When she's getting into things and I tell her "no" she gives me those big brown puppy dog eyes, and of course I fall for it... We're all going to make mistakes when raising our children, but the important thing is "what we learn from those mistakes..." I know my wife and I make little boo boos all the time, but it's all part of being parents.. Being a parent is like a never ending education "especially with the kids today".. Once you think you've mastered them, the whole course has changed...

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#171919 - 11/08/02 07:35 AM Re: Boy I love being a father!
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
If they only came with manuals !

#171920 - 11/08/02 07:43 AM Re: Boy I love being a father!
Mosiqaar Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA, USA
Squeak, your post put a big smile on my face...I could feel ur happiness. I love children and I can't wait to have one of my own.

UD as always u make me laugh out loud LOL.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online