SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#171076 - 07/15/03 01:07 AM Re: What Should I Get?
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
"And no telephone type keypad which I use a great deal"

That explains our difference of opinion. I could never get on with the keypad on my 630; and I have no problem with the menu structure on the 2k.

#171077 - 07/15/03 02:50 PM Re: What Should I Get?
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
the yahoo psr style user group has lots of styles available for free download, some good some not so good.

Simons SVP World has free software programs & utilities to help you create & edit styles for psrs. http://www.svpworld.com/psr_software.htm

Also like Bryan ( Pilot) I've found XG Works sequencer great. I use it with my 9000pro (home use only). It has the ability to use my pro styles and create backing tracks (in a similar fashion to Band in a Box) ie type in chord progression, type in style progression ie intro, variations etc and explode it into midi tracks for further editing.
I can also use it for creating styles in conjunction with one of the free style creation programs on Simons site.

best wishes
Rikki
p.s personally I prefer my kn7 as far as onboard style creation goes. It's one of the easiest to create styles for, because of all the onboard style creation functions.

Quote:
Originally posted by ricok987:
The main reason I want to upgrade the psr-740 is I want to work more with user styles and to be honest the psr-740 is pathetic in how it handles user styles. I know that the psr-740 is a good keyboard, but it does hinder my ability to work with user styles. I am happy with several sounds on the psr-740, and I have a motif rack to compliment the 740's sounds that in my opinion falls a little short. Also, I was using a Studiologic SL880 88 key controller with the Digitech Vocalist VR in conjunction with the psr-740. I really want the capability of having many user styles to work with.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#171078 - 07/15/03 03:51 PM Re: What Should I Get?
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
I have loved Yamaha's PSR series of keyboards for years. Most of the models i have owned over the years were the lower priced models with lesser features. In the last 5 years I have seen the 550, then 740, but neither really made me want to get a new one. The PSR1000 really caught my eye (ears really!) and I started saving for it. Then I saw a 2000 and was actually sold. I bought my PSR2000 in February and I can honestly say this is the BEST keyboard I have ever owned at any price. I am still in awe of its power and features and am actively converting styles and still playing it every day....................because I want too!!!

#171079 - 07/19/03 04:29 PM Re: What Should I Get?
Pilot Offline

Loc: Ontario,Canada
Here's a post I found on the Yahoo PSR Songs group:

"Hello

I have PSR 740, and i think about selling it and buy PSR 2000
But after compare PSR 740 and PSR 2000, I found that PSR 740 have a much better sound quality.
So i decide to keep my old PSR 740

Is there any body have the same opinion with me?"

Maybe you'd all like to go and shoot him down.

Bryan

#171080 - 07/19/03 09:58 PM Re: What Should I Get?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Sound is certainly an objective subject, but to say that the 740 has better sounds than the upgraded 2000 is not going to be the popular opinion. Maybe some will prefer the older sounds, but the added sounds like
!live! and !cool! voices are worth the upgrade, I think.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online