SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#16978 - 11/02/98 09:49 AM Simple Question?
Jonathan Offline

Loc: Ann Arbor, MI USA
Hello, I'm very new to the synth world...anyway, I'm using a Korg T-2, and I would like to download some MIDI drum beats off a web site to use on the Korg sequencer--the question is this, how can I transfer those beats from the computer (Mac or IBM) to the Korg? Is there a patch of some sort that I can put on the computer so it will be able to read Korg formatted disks? any help anyone can provide would be excellent! Thanks a lot, and I hope to hear from someone soon...

jonathan

#16979 - 11/02/98 01:13 PM Re: Simple Question?
Ark Offline

Loc: Singapore
Hi Jonathan,
I'm also new to syn world. If u bought your T2 2nd hand, mind if u tell me how much did u get it for? .... trying to gauge the mkt price!!!! Thanks a million.

#16980 - 11/08/98 09:52 PM Re: Simple Question?
HellPope Huey Offline

Loc: Hot Springs, AR, USA
Hey Jonathan! I don't THINK Korg implemented Standard Midi File (SMF) capabilities until the 0 series came along, but one usually sees files off the Net in either SMF or sys-ex formats. Therefore, you'd need a computer program(s) & MIDI card that would accept one of those formats and THEN use its sequencer to play the Korg. That's one way. Now there MAY also be a way to convert those files into a T-2's language AFTER you've downloaded them so that you could run the show from its onboard seq. for live work or whatever; a lot of current software worth its salt will do just such file conversions. This may represent more work than you wanted to DO! That's why I choose to live in an 01-only environment, which has OTHER little problems, but that's the synth world for you! Check the T-2 manual for file compatibility and if that doesn't cover it, start checking out recent sequencing and editing software for features that will provide the required "oomph." Hope that gets you a bit closer!

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online