SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#168917 - 12/14/01 09:16 PM Re: What is an arpeggiator?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I wonder too ....... I'm smart, and I DON'T have a VA7 anymore. Hmmmmmm.........

#168918 - 12/14/01 09:24 PM Re: What is an arpeggiator?
Bill E Offline

Loc: nashville
wizboy?----how do the va7 sounds comprare with what you heard on the fantom? I have never really heard a va7 but I love the sounds of the fantom. I am also a big fan of the roland xv modules. How are they alike/different from your va7?I tend to like sounds and styles with a bit more of an "attitude" than I found on the yamaha psr. Do you think that I would like a va ?
---also,to Ryan--arpeggiators are big fun,by all means try one sometime.

Bill E

#168919 - 12/14/01 11:17 PM Re: What is an arpeggiator?
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
I wonder too ....... I'm smart, and I DON'T have a VA7 anymore. Hmmmmmm.........

Maybe you are TOO smart...

#168920 - 12/16/01 08:02 PM Re: What is an arpeggiator?
ComposerRyan Offline

Dreamer, I'm not sure if I really want one. That is why I asked about it, of course! I should really try one first, than I'll definitely know if I really want one. It doesn't sound like as if it is used by many people, so it probably won't interest me.

Bill E, I am still curious about the arpeggiator. I will surely try one. But, if it is like styles (which I honestly do not care for), than I probably won't be that interested in it.

Also, I've heard many people mention Roland keyboards. Is there a site that covers all of Roland's keyboards with reviews, images, etc?

Well, anyway, thanks for helping me out. I was just curious about this and you all have helped a lot! See you on the forums,
Ryan

ALSO, PLEASE BE SURE TO VISIT THE WEBQUAD NETWORK AT:
http://www.webquad.com

CONTACT ME AT:
composerryan@webquad.com

#168921 - 12/16/01 10:34 PM Re: What is an arpeggiator?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
If I was really smart, I'd still be playing my Rhodes suitcase. This new plastic junk is getting on my nerves. I miss the feel of a real instrument, and these latest keyboards are feeling worse & worse. It's a good thing they SOUND good, but they are no fun to play - feelwise.

#168922 - 12/16/01 11:38 PM Re: What is an arpeggiator?
Nimrod Offline

Composer ryan,

Try out this sample from the Roland Fantom (it is the first one of the 3 demo's). You will need Quick time for this however. It's not very long (a le Motif Video), but gives you a rough idea as to how an arpeggiater works. Notice that the Fantom can be zoned out to different parts of the keyboard.....and over 76 keys!. Not bad hey?.

Arpeggiater sample

I wonder what the Roland VA7 sounds like in comparison to the Fantom... because they are both...err roland shall we say...

NR

#168923 - 12/22/01 02:37 PM Re: What is an arpeggiator?
ComposerRyan Offline

Tanks Nimrod! I really appreciate that information...I immediately checked out the Fantom and I was really impressed with the website.

Yes, I saw the arpeggiator...it kind of reminded me of 'styles' - I think. I do not like styles that much, but instead I like to put full effort into my compositions, making up every part of my song! That way, I feel that my song will end up the way I want it, with thought put into EVERY part.

Like you said, I noticed it had 76 keys, that's not bad at all! That's awesome! Not only was I impressed with the keys, but with other features as well. Those QuickTime videos were very informative. I have to admit I just wish that General Music would do something like that, because evertime I visit their website (http://www.generalmusic.com) and click on "Audio Samples" it says "Works in Progress." Having Demo Songs on a website is the MOST important thing of all and I feel that General Music needs to really work on that area of advertising. After all, sound is the most important thing and if people can't even listen to the keyboard, then how are they suppose to be attracted to it? Yamaha and Roland offer "Audio Demos" and that is really important.

Uncle Dave, I have noticed that keyboards are 'plastic' and do not offer the quality of a real acoustic instrument. It is really important to have a keyboard that feels good when you play it, but, to me, the sound is the most important! Honestly, it doesn't bother me that much to play a 'plastic feeling' keyboard, but what bothers me the most is the HIGH prices of keyboards. I wish they were cheaper!

Well, thanks a lot everyone for the help! I'm going to research Roland keyboard more and find out what they offer! Have a Merry Christmas everyone and enjoy the Holidays,
Ryan

ALSO, PLEASE BE SURE TO VISIT THE WEBQUAD NETWORK AT:
http://www.webquad.com

CONTACT ME AT:
composerryan@webquad.com

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online