SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#168335 - 02/06/05 07:47 PM Jump drives. Why they don't work
mr82thebar Offline

Loc: Baltimore,Md.
I give up. I bought a 512 meg thumb drive for my PSR 3000, and it won't even accept 100 megs. This is a different model, than the one i tried before, with the same results. I have to put half of my midi files onto a Smart Media card or another thumb drive. At least i was succesful getting my registrations on the jump drive. It just does'nt make sense that the keyboard would limit the megs for a jump drive. I get a message that the drive does not have any memory left, but there is over 400 megabytes left. Anybody have the solution? Bob Lee

#168336 - 02/06/05 09:00 PM Re: Jump drives. Why they don't work
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
I assume that you put the midi files NOT into a folder, you could do that in the floppy disk and was not a problem because of it's small capacity.
I found out the correct way to use the thumb drives, put files into folders that also help you to keep organized your files, I have one of 1 Gig, double of what you have and I have no trouble.

Just to be safe, let's review step by step.
1.-Format USB drive in Keyboard or if you wish to do it in the PC, just make sure that you choose the format FAT!!.....there is another, FAT 32.....that one NO.
2.-Create a folder in the thumb drive (example: Big band, or Frank Sinatra, etc..) then copy and paste the respective midis, in their folders....
3.-Do the same for styles, registrations, user voices, pads, etc.
I hope it helps.

------------------
mdorantes

#168337 - 02/07/05 11:35 AM Re: Jump drives. Why they don't work
mr82thebar Offline

Thanks mdorantes, I'll give that a try. I did put a couple in a folder last night and i think you are correct. It seemed to me that i could enter more files. Thanks, Bob Lee

#168338 - 02/07/05 05:30 PM Re: Jump drives. Why they don't work
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
I just bought a 512M pen drive and it works great! I also had a 128M and had no problems either. Try the formatting advice and you too should be in the club!! -charley

#168339 - 02/07/05 06:48 PM Re: Jump drives. Why they don't work
mr82thebar Offline

Thanks charley. The folder works. I now have more than i need as far as memory is concerned. Bob

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online