SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#167165 - 10/29/03 01:00 PM Any sound forge users here?
Philip1 Offline

Loc: Jerusalem, Israel
Hi everyone,

I just started recording with sound forge. Look great, but I'm having trouble figuring out some (what I hope are) basics.

I'm trying to record a music track and a vocal track seperately, and then mix them. What I can't figure out is, once I've recorded the music track, how do I get that track (sound 1) to play while I'm recording the vocals (sound 2). I imagine there must be a way to do it, else how could you synchronise different tracks...?

Any help appreciated!

Philip

#167166 - 10/29/03 01:29 PM Re: Any sound forge users here?
Roel Offline

Philip,

I'm a SF 6.0 user. As far as I know SF is a sound EDITOR that is able to process Mono or Stereo recordings. Multi-tracking is NOT a feature of the versions I know !

E.g. Cakewalk, Cooledit and Cubase can handle multitrack recordings.

Roel

#167167 - 10/29/03 01:58 PM Re: Any sound forge users here?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Unfortunately, this high-quality, expensive program cannot do what you want. However, there is a very inexpensive program that can. Cakewalk's Music Creator 2003 will not only provide you with excellent multitrack recording, but additionally, has a great editor. The program sells for just $39 and is available at Best Buy in the U.S.. If I recall, you are in Israel and I'm not sure what's available there. You may be able to purchase the program online as well.

Good Luck,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#167168 - 10/29/03 02:07 PM Re: Any sound forge users here?
Philip1 Offline

Loc: Jerusalem, Israel
quite surprising that it cant do it. What's weird is that it DOES have the capability to MIX two tracks...

In any case, I downloaded a free program called Audacity that does what I want, and very easily too. I'll be playing around with it more tomorrow. Has anyone here used it for this purpose? It came recommended by the folks over at psrtutorial...

Philip

#167169 - 10/29/03 05:46 PM Re: Any sound forge users here?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Use their other products such as Acid Pro 4, it will do it all..

#167170 - 10/29/03 07:30 PM Re: Any sound forge users here?
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hello

I don't know which version of Sound Forge you have but when I got mine 5.0, they also included there Vega multi-track program. You might want to check, you may already have what you need.

Best

Scott Langholff

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online