SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#166598 - 10/19/03 05:47 PM Can any arrangers do this?
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
If this is a dumb question I apologize.. Are there any arrangers on the market that allow you to go into the sequencer and specify which measures you want the accomp to play. Meaning can you go in and assign say variation one to play from measure 1-4, and variation 4 from 4-6 and so on.. What I mean is recording the accomp without having to play it. Actually selecting which measures you want the style to play. Synths allow you to see all the empty measures of say the pattern track and then specify which pattern plays at what measure and for how long...

Thanks,
Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#166599 - 10/19/03 06:31 PM Re: Can any arrangers do this?
sk880user Offline

Loc: United States
I can answer from Sk880 keyboard,

Without using external software sequencer, it is not possible. However, what I did once is I recorded all variations and all fill ins and then I used copy and paste to arrange various patterns with the song. Of course, we are talking drums only at this point. I had to play all base and all instruments manually measure by measure and track by track.

I forgot to add that this is one feature that I am very interested in. I congratulate you on this excellent idea.

[This message has been edited by sk880user (edited 10-19-2003).]

#166600 - 10/19/03 07:26 PM Re: Can any arrangers do this?
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Hello:
The only other instruments I know that do that are the Yamaha Electones, models: HS4,5,6,7,8, HX 1,3,5, MC 200, 400, 600, MR 500,700,etc. and that feature was called Chord secuence program, also you could program the registration changes.

------------------
mdorantes

#166601 - 10/19/03 07:34 PM Re: Can any arrangers do this?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Squeak: Technics brand KN arranger keyboard sequencers include a special 'Technics' track where you record (at user specificed locations), 'command instructions' which tell the arranger to 'play back' a given style variation, and for a specified number of measures. This track is not a midi track so the auto accomp tracks played are not actually recorded at all.. Only the notes played LIVE (Right, Left parts) get recorded on the other midi tracks. Only after the song is fully recorded can you then export the song to a standard midi file. - Scott

#166602 - 10/19/03 08:22 PM Re: Can any arrangers do this?
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
PA80 does it Squeak. Really simple and a great feature to "chain" ( borrowing a phrase from the Motif ) patterns together in a step record mode. The MZ had a similar function too..

AJ

#166603 - 10/20/03 12:06 AM Re: Can any arrangers do this?
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Squeak.Not truely an arranger, but on the Roland Diskcover 5 you can assign to buttons selected parts of a midifile, so whilst you are playing or singing to a midifile you can quickly jump to those preset parts,

Graham UK

#166604 - 10/20/03 02:04 AM Re: Can any arrangers do this?
joppri Offline

He best players,

i've got a wersi pegasus 2+ , and you can modify anything you want. styles and sequence and direct record on the harddisk. Very easy.

Greets Johan

#166605 - 10/20/03 02:26 AM Re: Can any arrangers do this?
Will Stewart Offline

Loc: Scotland
Squeak

You can do this on the PSR2000 series by using the step record method of sequencing. You can input chord changes, style variations, fill ins etc at specified points on the track. Once saved, if you decide you want a different style its a simple matter to change it for another. The same will probably apply to the Tyros also.

Will

#166606 - 10/20/03 06:00 AM Re: Can any arrangers do this?
sbenno Offline

Hi Squeak.
The question is:

A) do you want the variation 1,2,etc buttons simply switch to a certain section to the MIDI file, eg as you said:
variation 1 plays measures 1-4, variation 2 plays 4-6 etc.

B) Or do you want to do a style yourself by providing MIDI file snippets that contain the wanted measures in the wanted chord type (major, minor, 7th) and then map it to the arranger buttons ?

Just tell me your wishes (others feel free to partecipate to the discussion too) so that we can look if we can add the features wanted to the Lionstracs Mediastation X-76 Arranger Keyboard: ( http://www.lionstracs.com ).

Basically B) is already in place because the style player works with MIDI file snippets.

if you think that A) is important just tell me what you want exactly. I wrote the MIDI player engine and can add looping if that is wanted by users.

let me know please.

cheers,
Benno

Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
If this is a dumb question I apologize.. Are there any arrangers on the market that allow you to go into the sequencer and specify which measures you want the accomp to play. Meaning can you go in and assign say variation one to play from measure 1-4, and variation 4 from 4-6 and so on.. What I mean is recording the accomp without having to play it. Actually selecting which measures you want the style to play. Synths allow you to see all the empty measures of say the pattern track and then specify which pattern plays at what measure and for how long...

Thanks,
Squeak

[This message has been edited by sbenno (edited 10-20-2003).]

#166607 - 10/20/03 09:33 AM Re: Can any arrangers do this?
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
The Korg arrangers do this and call it a BACKING SEQUENCE. Great option. You can also record a performance live and save it as a midi file. I did that before I sold my iX300 and now have a couple dynamite sequences of things I just can't get on my Yammy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online