SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#166608 - 10/20/03 10:32 AM Re: Can any arrangers do this?
jolier Offline

Loc: na
Hi m8s,
WELL, I wonder same also as well as one more
additional thing like on below also.

ie. when I am playing my Yamaha keyboard himself at the same moment as those MIDI backing is playing (that 8 tracks backing in my Yamaha), is it possible in any arranger PAUSE that backing and start it again from the poin where you pause it ??? In my Yamaha PSR-730 that 8 track backing starts very beginning again even I would like to
continue it from the point where I stopped it. ie. it start from the very beginning of the midi sequence - not the point where I stopped it. Can those bigger arranger do this job better ???

----

Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
If this is a dumb question I apologize.. Are there any arrangers on the market that allow you to go into the sequencer and specify which measures you want the accomp to play. Meaning can you go in and assign say variation one to play from measure 1-4, and variation 4 from 4-6 and so on.. What I mean is recording the accomp without having to play it. Actually selecting which measures you want the style to play. Synths allow you to see all the empty measures of say the pattern track and then specify which pattern plays at what measure and for how long...

Thanks,
Squeak

#166609 - 10/20/03 11:41 AM Re: Can any arrangers do this?
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Wow! finally others are interested in sequencing with arrangers instead of just with computer software. The styles on the arranger make it most appealing for sequencing on the arranger.

The i30 forum sold me on the i30 for sequencing with an arranger 2 years ago. You wouldn't believe how easy it is.

I contend that Korg i30 rules as king for sequencing even up to today. It is way ahead of the whole industry in the sequencing dept. But it seems most performers have no need for sequencing on an arranger.

If there were more people trying to sequence with an arranger so as to play a wind instrument, we'd all have great sequencers on our arranger boards. But at the pace the manufacturers are adding a few gooies to their new units every time they release one, no one on this forum will live long enough to see a very good sequencer on an arranger unless they buy a dionsaur i30. Ha! Ha!

#166610 - 10/20/03 12:30 PM Re: Can any arrangers do this?
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
I suspect that it functions similarly on the I30 and the PA80 Boo.
I also suspect that you might take a liking to the new Korg offering Boo.. if they ever display one for you to try out in your area that is.. That may be the biggest problem here... actually trying one that I won't have to drive 3 or more hours to see..

AJ

#166611 - 10/20/03 12:32 PM Re: Can any arrangers do this?
vic83 Offline

Loc: Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
If this is a dumb question I apologize.. Are there any arrangers on the market that allow you to go into the sequencer and specify which measures you want the accomp to play. Meaning can you go in and assign say variation one to play from measure 1-4, and variation 4 from 4-6 and so on.. What I mean is recording the accomp without having to play it. Actually selecting which measures you want the style to play. Synths allow you to see all the empty measures of say the pattern track and then specify which pattern plays at what measure and for how long...

Thanks,
Squeak

My Roland E-500OR used to actully do it like that.

#166612 - 10/22/03 03:14 PM Re: Can any arrangers do this?
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Squeak,
if I understood you correctly, I can do it on my kn7, I used to do it on my 9000 pro and the cheapest solution of all
you can also do it with XG Works software.

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#166613 - 10/24/03 11:57 AM Re: Can any arrangers do this?
YamahaUS1 Offline

Loc: Buena Park, CA, USA
Sqeak,

On the PSR1000 and up, if you're writing Songs in Step mode, on the Chord track you can change variation, turn parts on and off, change volume for the whole style or just a part, etc. There just isn't very much you can't do.

Steve

[This message has been edited by YamahaUS1 (edited 10-24-2003).]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online