SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#166069 - 07/13/01 11:09 AM psr questions???
Bill E Offline

Loc: nashville
first off-thanks in advance for help,you guys are the greatest!#1-can you change which voices play the auto-accompaniment parts,for example-change drum kits or change an acoustic piano to an electric piano? I played with a 550 at mars but no sales help. Easy to change voices that you play but could not figure out how to change the auto parts. I feel sure that a 9ooo could do this,but what about any of the more affordable models?
#2-does the old psr8000 have internal or disc sequencer? I am thinking about picking up a used one but again can get no answers,so i come to the experts!
#3-do any models offer muliple outputs that you could assign different parts? I do not expect this at low price,,just curious at what level this is available,if at all.
#4-can you drop parts in and out in real time while playing back a sequence?
Thanks again for your patience with a newbie! there is often scorn and condescension from the "real" musicians employed as salesmen. As a professional salesman, I find that inexcusable. This forum is a treasure.

------------------

#166070 - 07/13/01 12:40 PM Re: psr questions???
sk880user Offline

Loc: United States
I do not know all of the answers but let me try:

1) I do not know. SK880 does so in very powerful way.

2) disc.

3) if yes, very limited yes. You have to go to higher models like 9000PRO in order to get the multiple outputs.

4) I see my brother do that all the time on PSR740. In fact, you can control the volume of each part in real time.

#166071 - 07/13/01 02:46 PM Re: psr questions???
Joe Waters Offline

Loc: Sterling, VA USA
Let me provide a little more detail for your first question. Right below the LCD display, you will see 16 buttons for each of the 16 tracks available. Accompaniment parts are in tracks 9-16 and each can be turned off or on by pressing the corresponding track button.

To the left of these buttons will be two more buttons labeled "Voice Change" and "Mixer".
You saw how to change the voices for R1, R2 or L. To change a voice for any of the tracks, press the Voice Change button and then the particular track you want to change, and enter the number of the new voice instrument (via keypad or data dial). Similarly, you can change the volume of any of the accompaniment parts by pressing "Mixer", then the accompaniment track, and adjusting the volume to suit your taste.

#166072 - 07/13/01 10:41 PM Re: psr questions???
Bill E Offline

Loc: nashville
thanks guys. I tried to download a manual but he pdf files were messed up.
550 looks like a good value,9000 is out of reach ,and new series is out there in the future,so unless I see better deals on "old" 640/740 than i've seen so far,just might be 550 time. I did have fun with it-very nice sounds.again-thanks for the info.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online