SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#165120 - 09/02/01 04:38 AM Midi Signal Tester ?
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
I am looking for a sofware Utilities Midi Signal Tester. To indicate the in and out of 16 Channels Midi Transmission. Any Ideas??

Graham UK

#165121 - 09/02/01 08:33 AM Re: Midi Signal Tester ?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Rolands Virtual Sound Canvas is a soft-synth program that upgrades the sound card to a much higher level, and it has a great little readout of all 16 channels, and you can see the activity. Go to Edirol's website and check it out. It's cheap, and it sounds great too. It will also let you play midi files right from the explorer window with a simple double click!

#165122 - 09/02/01 08:46 AM Re: Midi Signal Tester ?
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Uncle Dave...Thank you for your reply....I already have Roland VSC88 Software Synth installed, so I will check your information.
I have seen what I want in some program or other that I already have,but can not remember which one it is. I thought it was in either Cubase or Cakewalk or PowerTracks. It has16 green LED's that light up when transmitting Midi in and out of the PC.
I never thought of looking in the VSC88 so I will check it out.

Thinking of you regarding your other personal matter.

Best wishes Graham UK

#165123 - 09/03/01 12:50 AM Re: Midi Signal Tester ?
Uncle Dave Offline

Start up the VSC88, and keep the little picture window in the corner of your screen. Make sure you click on the bottom section o you can see the graph! It's really very cool.

#165124 - 09/03/01 12:52 AM Re: Midi Signal Tester ?
Uncle Dave Offline

Start up the VSC88, and keep the little picture window in the corner of your screen. Make sure you click on the bottom section o you can see the graph! It's really very cool.
>
>
>
Hey - now that I think of it - isn't the graph in the top section? The one that comes up when the program starts?
(I'm not on my 'puter at the moment)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online