Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#163738 - 02/23/04 01:12 PM Re: Another lurker discovered
eddiefromrotherham Offline

Loc: Rotherham,England.
Quote:
Originally posted by jeremy_norbury:
Yes, I am a Brit living in Amsterdam - I'm originally from Yorkshire.

Hi and welcome Jerry.
Anyone who is originally from Yorkshire is a very special person
You will see from my signing name that I am in the south of Yorkshire, born and bred.

Welcome to our Forum, there are a lot of nice guys on here and you will be no exception in my opinion.

cheers
Eddie Johnson

------------------
Eddie from Rotherham
www.yamahakeyboards.info

#163739 - 02/23/04 05:39 PM Re: Another lurker discovered
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Now if we can just Hank to come out of the weeds. Come on Hank we know you are there.

Tom

Tom

#163740 - 02/23/04 05:54 PM Re: Another lurker discovered
Jean Olivia Offline

Loc: Melbourne Victoria Australia
Not even one lady lurker? Come on girls!! Jean Olivia

#163741 - 02/23/04 07:11 PM Re: Another lurker discovered
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Cavanaugh:
Now if we can just get Hank to come out of the weeds. Come on Hank we know you are there.

Tom

You mean Hank Williams Jr? Nah!! Really??

I didn't know Hank took a 'hankering' to Arranger Keyboards? That's a new one to me. Cool!!

I sure liked his Dad's songwriting ability.

Humm,......... Hank Williams Jr. looking in on us common folk. Imagine that, wud ya'! Yee Haw!! You know, Hank Jr. was born in DonM's neck of the woods. Yep! Shreveport, LA. He's got Country flowing in his veins right from the get go.

I can't wait until he finally comes out of the 'weeds' and bestows his generosity and vast musical knowledge with all us pea pickers. Come on Hank! You can do it!!

Best regards,
Mike

#163742 - 02/26/04 10:45 AM Re: Another lurker discovered
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Welcome Gary and Jerry !!!

If you have been lurkers for years, you should know that no subject is too serious, silly or off-topic. Please continue to read, and we hope you will join in freely.

#163743 - 02/26/04 01:12 PM Re: Another lurker discovered
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Tom,
Hank's hard drive crashed, so he was out of commission temporarily. Also, he has been fighting pneumonia for about a month.
Maybe if we wish him well, he'll feel guilty and speak up.
DonM

#163744 - 02/26/04 04:43 PM Re: Another lurker discovered
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Get well real soon Hank--we need some new blood here.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#163745 - 02/27/04 02:01 PM Re: Another lurker discovered
synerjim Offline

Loc: CA
Hi Folks,
Just as always, this is really a great forum!
Sorry to be a lurker for sometime for the fear of being not be able to post regularly. My hat goes for people like UD, Scott, Don, Gary, Mike, Bebop & others for posting regularly. I'm really enjoying/learning a lot from this forum, even i've been in electronic music for many years now (as a semi-pro/hobby). Just like many of you, i have owned arrangers like Korg, Technics, Roland, Yamaha & Casio. Right now, I'm using Korg PA-80, Digitech VR, another Digitech pedal type vocal processor (i forgot the name), Shure headset mike, HP Laptop, Peavey PA system or Logitech ZX2400 2.1 speaker system for my on/off gigs. I'm not a good kb player neither a very good vocalist just enough to satisfy an audience. Influences are Beatles, Elvis, Herman's Hermits, Buddy Holly, & their contemps, also some newer pop bands/singers. Due to this forum, i'm now rediscovering the awesome Big Bands music.
I'm planning to join the get-together on May even for a day or so. I'm from Southern California, originally from the Far East (Philippines).
Sorry for the long post.
Jimmy

------------------
Jimmy

SD90,Korg I3, KMA Liverpool,TC Helicon Play Electric, Fender Sonoran Guitar, vArranger, Bose S1 Pros, Bose L1 Compact, Aiwa Exos-9

#163746 - 02/27/04 02:58 PM Re: Another lurker discovered
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by synerjim:
I'm planning to join the get-together on May even for a day or so. I'm from Southern California, originally from the Far East (Philippines).Jimmy

Jimmy, a BIG Synthzone welcome to you. Seeing that you've been a member since 10/27/03, I'm glad you finally decided to make yourself known here. Sounds like you have quite an extensive history and experience with arrangers so your opinions will be really valued. Looking forward to hearing your music.

Great to hear you can make it to our Synthzone get together in San Jose on May 22nd & 23rd. Please confirm your attendance ASAP by mailing a check for $10 payable to Bill Forrest to:

Bill Forrest
195 Blossom Hill Road
Lot #279
San Jose, California 95123

Jimmy, you can optionally use the above convenient Synthzone 'PayPal donate' option at the top of this page, if you prefer. Just specify that the money be applied to the 'San Jose Synthzone Get Together'. Looking forward to seeing you there. - Scott

#163747 - 02/28/04 07:33 AM Re: Another lurker discovered
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Hi Jimmy,

Welcome to the wonderful world of insanity. Glad your among the many who is discovering those great, big-band sounds produced by these incredible keyboards.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online