SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#163333 - 11/06/04 09:39 AM Is the Korg PaX1Pro that good? (Or are they faking)
MrEd Offline

I was listening to the mp3 samples of PaX1 on Korg's site.

[url= http://www.korgpa.com/pa_root/en/products/pa1xpro_demo.html?en] http://www.korgpa.com/pa_root/en/products/pa1xpro_demo.html?en[/url]

Ican't believe that the Accordion sample (under the 'Solo Instruments' section of the site) is being played on the PaX1. I think it is a real acoustic accordion that was sampled and not from the PaX1. It even has the sound of the preset reed-change being pressed.

If you have the time, please listen to it and tell me what you think.

Thanks.
Ed

#163334 - 11/06/04 09:53 AM Re: Is the Korg PaX1Pro that good? (Or are they faking)
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Ed,
I guess that they "actually" sampled a real acoustic accordion....
By the way, the new Roland G 70 has an equally realistic accordion sample (see the thread posted by Roel).

#163335 - 11/06/04 10:16 AM Re: Is the Korg PaX1Pro that good? (Or are they faking)
Roel Offline

Mr. Ed,

I'm absolutely sure it IS the PA1XPro, some friends of mine owns one.
The click is part of the sound and can be played on either the lowest or highest octaves.
The G70 samples have the noise of the mechanical parts of the acoordeon.

Roel

#163336 - 11/06/04 10:21 AM Re: Is the Korg PaX1Pro that good? (Or are they faking)
MrEd Offline

Thanks Dreamer. I will take a listen to the G70 audio demos.

Quote:
Originally posted by MrEd:
.... I think it is a real acoustic accordion that was sampled and not from the PaX1. It even has the sound of the preset reed-change being pressed....

I want to clarify what I 1st said (about sample).

I thing the mp3 recording is that of an acoustic accordion being played and not coming from an arranger keyboard at all.

The recording has 2 different accordion reed settings that get played. That can't (or would not) be saved into a keyboard tone selection that way because you would not be controlling when the change in the sound/tone takes place.

Anyone have a PaX1 that can verify this?

#163337 - 11/06/04 10:24 AM Re: Is the Korg PaX1Pro that good? (Or are they faking)
MrEd Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Roel:
Mr. Ed,

I'm absolutely sure it IS the PA1XPro, some friends of mine owns one.
The click is part of the sound and can be played on either the lowest or highest octaves.
.... Roel

Roel,
Thanks for verifying. I am very impressed with that capability. I will have to take a closer look at the this and the G70 as well.

Ed

#163338 - 11/06/04 11:34 AM Re: Is the Korg PaX1Pro that good? (Or are they faking)
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Hey Ed,

The Korg PA1X and Pro have very,very good samples. The Pipe Organ samples are simply the best I have ever heard.

I've had 2 Triton demo guys in my store very recently and have been told that the sound engine in the PA1X series is what you will hear in the next Triton workstations , something about 5 oscillator's !

Dan O'

------------------
Ketron, Yamaha, Casio,Roland arranger keyboards.
http://www.keyboardcity.net

1-866-348-8876

#163339 - 11/06/04 12:52 PM Re: Is the Korg PaX1Pro that good? (Or are they faking)
eddy awada Offline

Loc: MI,usa
Hello Ed
I can assure you it was done using one of the many internal accordion sounds inside the PA1X, I'm originally an accordion player, and so far, my PA1X has the most realistic accordion sound aff all the keyboards that I currently own and previousely owned.

I also have a Triton Studio, Fantom XR, Ketron Vega.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online