SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#161653 - 01/10/02 10:41 AM The Iceman Song
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Can any of you folks email me the lyrics to the "Iceman" song? It's a song about the days when everyone had iceboxes and the iceman delivered ice to houses.

Thanks,

Tom

Tom

#161654 - 01/10/02 12:13 PM Re: The Iceman Song
Dnj Offline

this should help you Tom.
http://www.walkerpub.com/radio_faq.html

#161655 - 01/11/02 05:25 AM Re: The Iceman Song
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Donny,

How in the world did you ever find that? Thanks a bunch.

Tom

Tom

#161656 - 01/11/02 07:03 AM Re: The Iceman Song
Dnj Offline

Tom,

I told ya I was the "King" :>)

#161657 - 01/11/02 07:27 AM Re: The Iceman Song
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes you are. And what a great site. Being an old radio guy that got in the business during the late 60s, I was really interested in the article on what de-regulation has done to the independentantly owned stations. In the local market, it used to be fierce competitive battle between stations for listnership. Talent mattered. Creativity mattered. Diversity mattered. Now, all but two stations in this market are owned by Clear Channel and they are not much more than an ad agency that controls the local airwaves offering formats ranging from limited playlist formula stations to smut talk...almost all of which say they cater to the 18-49 audience...but in fact it is more like 12 to 30.

As late as the mid 60s there was a big fear that television would be the demise of radio. As it turns out, deregulation and corporate greed has changed the face of the industry. Radio certainly isn't dead, but it has turned broadcast outlets into something similar to the fast food chains. There's one on every corner and not a whole lot of difference between them.

Thanks for posting the site.

#161658 - 01/11/02 07:47 AM Re: The Iceman Song
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Tom: Do you use 'Google' http://www.google.com/
as your internet search engine?

I think it's the BEST search engine out there for finding just about anything & everything you want on the web. It's really the ONLY search engine I use now. Just type in a couple of keywords and it somehow magaically (95% of the time) is able to come up with exactly what you are looking for. In fact, I even installed the 'Google' Toolbar' http://toolbar.google.com/
which lets you have Google appear on the toolbar of Internet Explorer. Very nifty and useful feature.

Donny: Thanks for sharing the cool radio link. Really fun (and very educational too) especially for a classic pop afficionado like myself.

#161659 - 01/11/02 11:48 AM Re: The Iceman Song
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Scott,

I have been using Alta Vista. I give Google a try. Thanks!

Tom

Tom

#161660 - 01/11/02 01:22 PM Re: The Iceman Song
Dnj Offline

Tom Google Rocks!!

That is where I found that great Radio site, Google is also great for LYRICS also. Just put the Song Title and Lyrics and "BANG there it is!!

good Luck

donny

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online