SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#16116 - 03/25/02 03:50 PM back and forth?
katron Offline

Loc: S. Surrey, B.C. Canada
Hi Chris: Does this mean you're back from England? I looked on the generalmusic site for your .pdf as discussed. Couln't find it... re Microscope Editing. Maybe we can post it on Phil's Pages for all to see.
DON'T YOU THINK IT WOULD BE WISE TO HAVE ONLY HAVE ONE PLACE TO FORUM? That way we're not having to go back and forth between sites.
kathleen (katron)

Chris

------------------

#16117 - 03/26/02 10:02 AM Re: back and forth?
sk880user Offline

Loc: United States
Katron,

I do not mind two forums. The problem is that this forum is a lot nicer. It is very easy and very convenient to read messages and respond to them. It is faster as well.

I do not see why we cannot use this place.

#16118 - 03/26/02 10:07 AM Re: back and forth?
katron Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by sk880user:
Katron,

I do not mind two forums. The problem is that this forum is a lot nicer. It is very easy and very convenient to read messages and respond to them. It is faster as well.

I do not see why we cannot use this place.

Hi There!
I agree that the SynthZone Forum site is faster and easier. I still believe that we should decide on one place though.
Phil?
katron

------------------

#16119 - 03/27/02 04:26 AM Re: back and forth?
mick n Offline

Loc: stockton . teesside. england
I have visited phils site but unable to access the forum, is a password required?

Thank you.

Mick.

#16120 - 03/28/02 09:25 AM Re: back and forth?
philGM Offline

Loc: Austin TX US
The only reason I put that board up on att is because Peavey shut theirs down and I was giving anybody who wanted help/to vent/find info, a place to go and ask for it, because belive it or not there are a lot of these sites out there, but none with direct access to the people who can help. It's slow, it's ugly, but it's ours. I can dump it and use the 10 megs for more info/articles, whatever, just let me know. I, for one, though, don't have the time to hop around the internet trying answer questions, and I KNOW Chris is knee deep in stuff as well. Plus I don't need to remember a password.

But let me know. If you want to stay here, fine. Go to the website for files/info etc. However if you want a reply in a timely manner from North American GM, you're better off sending e-mail to philgeneralmusic@att.net. I say that, and built the quick site simply to let people know that there is a place and some people to get answers to GM ?'s without the usual Peavey?GEM?Peavey? run around. We're actually out to solve that.

PH

Quote:
Originally posted by katron:
Hi Chris: Does this mean you're back from England? I looked on the generalmusic site for your .pdf as discussed. Couln't find it... re Microscope Editing. Maybe we can post it on Phil's Pages for all to see.
DON'T YOU THINK IT WOULD BE WISE TO HAVE ONLY HAVE ONE PLACE TO FORUM? That way we're not having to go back and forth between sites.
kathleen (katron)

Chris

#16121 - 03/28/02 09:27 AM Re: back and forth?
philGM Offline

Loc: Austin TX US
No, just type something non-obscene in the nickname panel and click enter

Quote:
Originally posted by mick n:
I have visited phils site but unable to access the forum, is a password required?

Thank you.

Mick.

#16122 - 03/28/02 12:08 PM Re: back and forth?
katron Offline

Hi. Well, I too think it's more convenient NOT to be jumping around the Net, remembering passwords, etc. I still think I'll wind up looking stupid if I send in a question here, and someone's already addressed same at the SynthZone. So, guess I'm forced to look at both places for now

Oh, well, really value the articles and am grateful we can all at least liase.
I TAKE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO WISH EVERYONE A VERY HAPPY EASTER!
TTFN
KATHLEEN
(
Quote:
Originally posted by philGM:
The only reason I put that board up on att is because Peavey shut theirs down and I was giving anybody who wanted help/to vent/find info, a place to go and ask for it, because belive it or not there are a lot of these sites out there, but none with direct access to the people who can help. It's slow, it's ugly, but it's ours. I can dump it and use the 10 megs for more info/articles, whatever, just let me know. I, for one, though, don't have the time to hop around the internet trying answer questions, and I KNOW Chris is knee deep in stuff as well. Plus I don't need to remember a password.

But let me know. If you want to stay here, fine. Go to the website for files/info etc. However if you want a reply in a timely manner from North American GM, you're better off sending e-mail to philgeneralmusic@att.net. I say that, and built the quick site simply to let people know that there is a place and some people to get answers to GM ?'s without the usual Peavey?GEM?Peavey? run around. We're actually out to solve that.

PH

------------------

#16123 - 03/29/02 06:33 AM Re: back and forth?
sk880user Offline

Loc: United States
very happy easter to you too.

He is risen.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online