SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#160060 - 03/15/05 07:36 PM Slowdown on the forum?
The Accordionist Offline

Hello all -

I still check in at least a couple times a week but I have noticed a shift in the member postings. It used to be Scott Yee, Donny, Don M, Uncle Dave, Fran, etc., and now it seems that a whole new crew have arrived and the "old guard" seem to have vanished. I know that I have also stopped posting and seem to only occasionally browse the forum.

I guess these things are cyclical and somebody is going to tell me I'm completely wrong.

Just an observation, and maybe an incorreect one at that.

Tommy

#160061 - 03/15/05 07:42 PM Re: Slowdown on the forum?
Pennywizz6 Offline

Loc: Shakopee, MN, USA
Scotty = Flu, should be back shortly
UD = Lady freind stuff

Thats all i can explain They are all still around and post often. Maybe a little less than before? I havent been here very long.

Phil

[This message has been edited by Pennywizz6 (edited 03-15-2005).]

#160062 - 03/15/05 08:14 PM Re: Slowdown on the forum?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Still here, but not really interested in software synths, sound fonts, non-arranger workstations, etc. Still it's fun to read what the new guys are into.
Have you visited the Bar? There's a link at the top of the page.
DonM
P.S. Uncle Dave's in LOVE, he doesn't have much time for us right now. DNJ is moving to a new house. Gary has gone snow-crazy and is sitting in the yard with a PSR3000 under each arm, whistling "When It's Springtime in Maryland, it's 20 Below".

[This message has been edited by DonM (edited 03-15-2005).]

#160063 - 03/15/05 09:35 PM Re: Slowdown on the forum?
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Very true DonM,

I used to be on a lot more often (not as often as you, but still...) and it seems that the topics of discussion have changed. It used to be a lot more arranger keyboard orientated, and particularly the Tyros.

I think that most of us with the Tyros have already become comfortable with them and have no more questions regarding them... hence no need to discuss it any longer!

I've become a lot more involved in my studio as well, but the options on a studio are very wide ranging and it is hard to find somebody who has the same equipment, software and setup as you.

Chony

#160064 - 03/16/05 04:06 AM Re: Slowdown on the forum?
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
Still here, but not really interested in software synths, sound fonts, non-arranger workstations, etc. Still it's fun to read what the new guys are into.
Have you visited the Bar? There's a link at the top of the page.
DonM
P.S. Uncle Dave's in LOVE, he doesn't have much time for us right now. DNJ is moving to a new house. Gary has gone snow-crazy and is sitting in the yard with a PSR3000 under each arm, whistling "When It's Springtime in Maryland, it's 20 Below".

Once again I have to agree with Don

#160065 - 03/16/05 04:18 AM Re: Slowdown on the forum?
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
The bar, I believe, is the most serious antagonist of this forum.
Irony: there were people who complained about posts like "Detroit Pistons win again" (I was one of them, never told anyone though) or whatever, now people find there is a lack of posts (which I have noticed too).

Squeak_D is also missing I think

#160066 - 03/16/05 04:58 AM Re: Slowdown on the forum?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Heloooooooooooo!
Uncle Dave here ... still "sans wife" ... at least for two more weeks. Maureen and Zack move up here THIS Friday, and the wedding is Easter Saturday.
Don's right .... I have very little time to hang out with the "zoners" while all these wedding plans are taking over, and I too, have little interest in softsynths and sound fonts etc.
I check in almost daily, and if I see something interesting .. you can bet that I'll chime in!

#160067 - 03/16/05 05:14 AM Re: Slowdown on the forum?
Dnj Offline

IMO all the Off Topic posts have taken a toll on the disolving memebership....sad. ;(

#160068 - 03/16/05 05:23 AM Re: Slowdown on the forum?
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
There just isn't much going on right now. The introduction of the G70 didn't generate nearly as much discussion as some keyboards have in the past.

Tom

#160069 - 03/16/05 05:29 AM Re: Slowdown on the forum?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I check in a couple times a day, but synthsofts, sound fonts, etc, pose very little interest for me as well. Not much snow left Don, but this morning's temperature was a brisk 28 degrees--not my kind of temperature.

I'm currently working on a miniature, stereo, pre-amp that can be used as an interface between a laptop's headphone output and keyboard's auxiliary input. Something about half the size of a pack of cigarettes that runs on a small battery and puts out sufficient power to match the keyboard's normal levels. Hopefully, I'll have it ready in a couple weeks.

Guess I'll go back to being a lurker,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online