SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#160110 - 03/20/05 12:30 AM Re: Slowdown on the forum?
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Did anyone really get a 'close' look at the 'supposed' Tyros II pics? I for one think the Pics were doctored and I'm talking major surgery here.

No reputedly respected Manufacturer of Keyboards, like any one of the Big three as an example, would IMHO even think about releasing such a weird looking Keyboard to anyone, let alone the masses.

Yamaha did the right thing in requesting the 'supposed' leaked pictures (heavy on the 'supposed' btw ) be removed at there behest.

That thing didn't look like a real Keyboard, it looked like a miniaturized version of the B2 Bomber. Up Up and Away!!

And if I happen to be wrong (which I don't think I am btw) I would under NO circumstances buy that Albatross of a Keyboard even if it DID have 76 keys, had a Gigabyte of WAV ROM, and sounded sublimely divine.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WWAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY!!

Time will tell all... But if Yammie releases something that ugly they have no one to blame but themselves.

Best regards,
Mike

#160111 - 03/20/05 03:31 AM Re: Slowdown on the forum?
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by keybplayer:
Time will tell all... But if Yammie releases something that ugly...

Well, looking at the pics, it's only like a Tyros but with cutted edges,
and maybe it's what a new Tyros will be, cutted down to be a little brother
/sister.
I fully agree, don't look like a beauty in my eyes, but I guess it's not a
beauty contest...
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#160112 - 03/20/05 09:01 AM Re: Slowdown on the forum?
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
The pix of the Tyros II were real. Yamaha wouldnt have gone to such drastic measures if they weren't (lots of doctored pix of fake Tyros and other keyboards float around the web all the time and nobody cares).

The only question is whether Yamaha may now decide not to release the Tyros II. Those Yamaha guys are no dummies, despite what I may otherwise claim sometimes... it's not beyond them to leak some info to both build up speculation and to get some initial feedback. In this case, the feedback is bad... a few minor additions have been mentioned such as digital outputs, playable MegaVoices and basic sampling capability, but the major upgrade is the price which has been floated around as $4600 MSRP. If we were all smacking our lips in anticipation and ready to place pre-orders then we'd see a big Tyros II roll out soon, but since we're all wondering "what are these people thinking?" then Yamaha has the option of pulling the Tyros II altogether without the risk of looking bad by putting a turkey on the market.

#160113 - 03/20/05 09:07 AM Re: Slowdown on the forum?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by keybplayer:
Did anyone really get a 'close' look at the 'supposed' Tyros II pics? I for one think the Pics were doctored and I'm talking major surgery here.

Mike, Yes, I'm looking at the infamous Tyros2 pics this very second, and convinced that these are NOT doctored shots. Mike, curious what evidence do you see of the pics being altered? Admittedly, when I first saw the pics, I thought the new design a bit odd (ugly), but have grown to appreciate this 'new' trimmed around the edges compact appearance. I for one might eventually get a Tyros2 for the new design change look alone. Even though I still appreciate the innovative look of my Tyros1, as one of the FIRST Tyros1 owners on this forum (2 yrs -4 mos) I'm perhaps ready for a new look. I'm now anxiously waiting to hear what (more importantly) new sounds & features Tyros2 offers. - Scott

#160114 - 03/20/05 09:34 AM Re: Slowdown on the forum?
Alone&Forsaken Offline

"Did anyone really get a 'close' look at the 'supposed' Tyros II pics? I for one think the Pics were doctored and I'm talking major surgery here. "

Err looks legit to me...

"No reputedly respected Manufacturer of Keyboards, like any one of the Big three as an example, would IMHO even think about releasing such a weird looking Keyboard to anyone, let alone the masses."

Hate to break it to you...but the Tyros 2 wasn't all that extreme in the least, there are keyboards out now that make it look downright subcontemporary.

"That thing didn't look like a real Keyboard, it looked like a miniaturized version of the B2 Bomber."

I would love to know what the foundation of looking like a "real keyboard" is :P cause this is just silly.

"And if I happen to be wrong (which I don't think I am btw) I would under NO circumstances buy that Albatross of a Keyboard even if it DID have 76 keys, had a Gigabyte of WAV ROM, and sounded sublimely divine."

Yeah...WAY better ways to spend 3k. Just dont be all whatever in "no way I would buy it" as you already brought the Tyros 1 :P

"Time will tell all... But if Yammie releases something that ugly they have no one to blame but themselves."

Its not a subjective ugly keyboard Yamaha has to worry about...its a lack of an analog or virtual analog synth when everyone else has something to offer...its a lack of a solid workstation ( in light of the offerings from others ). Its the reality that others make "pro" level keyboards for less cash then Yamaha's bottom feeder supposed budget boards. Thats what Yamaha has to worry about.

#160115 - 03/21/05 08:30 PM Re: Slowdown on the forum?
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
Admittedly, when I first saw the pics, I thought the new design a bit odd (ugly), but have grown to appreciate this 'new' trimmed around the edges compact appearance. I for one might eventually get a Tyros2 for the new design change look alone. - Scott

To each his own I guess Scott.

What I'm thinking and of course I could be wrong is Yamaha possibly released that pic as a kind of gauge or 'barometer' to see how something with a radical design would be received by the public. A prototype if you will which depending on peoples reaction is either given the green light or shelved. I for one hope that turkey is shelved for good.

Steve's eyes are watching closely to our responses and I hope he takes mine and others into consideration when he relays his findings to Corporate headquarters.

Yamaha will do what it wants of course but they will have at least one less sale if they do indeed release it as it stands, if indeed the Pic is real.

Btw, time will tell if that pic was a hoax or not. You would be simply amazed at what you can do with Photoshop besides cunning people intent on pulling off a realistic looking deception.

Best regards,
Mike

#160116 - 03/21/05 09:05 PM Re: Slowdown on the forum?
Alone&Forsaken Offline

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online