SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#160100 - 03/18/05 10:18 AM Re: Slowdown on the forum?
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
Thank you for that clarification Scott (Yee)... and good to see you back.

This confirms my worst suspicions about Yamaha - they threatened a SZ forum member in order to get a post here removed. Perhaps we should be more guarded with our online identities and contact info if we're going to be sued for talking about the Tyros II or other arrangers before we are "officially" allowed to.

In other businesses new products are quite often photographed and published online and in magazines before the products are officially released, especially if those products appear in public. I'd like to know what is so threatening about an overpriced repackaged arranger keyboard to the Yamaha corporation that they felt compelled to resort to this kind of action?

[This message has been edited by The Pro (edited 03-18-2005).]

#160101 - 03/18/05 11:32 AM Re: Slowdown on the forum?
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
I wonder if they (Yamaha) would have felt the same if the responses to it (tyrosII) were positive instead of negative.

#160102 - 03/18/05 05:45 PM Re: Slowdown on the forum?
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
I'm with you on this one Scott, 100%. If the pic(s) was taken in a private setting, such as their lab or at a closed manufacturers / retailers only display I would gladly respect their wishes. If the pic was taken in public, then a free speech / press issue definitely exists.

If we can definitely determine that the pic of the kb was indeed taken at a public display and someone wants to send me the pics or I find them elsewhere, I will gladly make a post somewhere inviting those who want to see them to email me. I may even post them on my site. Out of respect for Nigel and his relationship with Yamaha as a supporter here or as a potential advertiser on the main site, I won't make a post about it here.

I will then also gladly give out my phone number to Yamaha if they want it, and then they can contact me with any comments that they would like to make.

Of course, all this is based on the presumption that the original story ( from tigerfool ) was actually even true.

AJ

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 03-18-2005).]

#160103 - 03/18/05 08:03 PM Re: Slowdown on the forum?
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
It has been brought to my attention that Scott Langholff and tigerfool are definately not the same person.

I sincerely apologize to both Scott Langholff and tigerfool for my mistake. I wasn't being critical of anything but I had mistakenly read a previous posting with Scott's website posted with a reply from tigerfool and I had thought they were one and the same. They definately aren't.

Sorry for the confusion. I'll leave this posting up for a day or so but I will be deleting/editing postings related to my error. There is NO reason to leave them up.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 03-18-2005).]

#160104 - 03/18/05 08:45 PM Re: Slowdown on the forum?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Nigel, many thanks for setting the record straight, that our good SZ buddies, Scott Langholff & Tigerfool, are NOT the SAME person afterall. Because I've gotten to know ScottL pretty well thru the years from our many conversatins (and often humourous to boot) on the telephone, it's a relief to discover now that he hadn't pulled the wool over my face afterall (this time ). In regards to Tigerfool, this has RESTORED my respect for the integrity of one of my 'fellow' chinese country man.

This said, I'm wondering now if I should post those Tyros2 pics or not. I suppose I best not stir the pot 'so soon' after this Tigerfool/Scott confusion (confession? ) dust has finally settled.

Scott

#160105 - 03/18/05 09:36 PM Re: Slowdown on the forum?
Nigel Offline
Admin

Still I am very puzzled on how Yamaha could have contacted tigerfool by phone about his thread when there is no info on his profile that could possibly provide them with that. Very strange. I would think that Yamaha would simply email me if there ever was a problem knowing I could take care of it.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 03-18-2005).]

#160106 - 03/18/05 10:28 PM Re: Slowdown on the forum?
Nigel Offline
Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
I suppose I best not stir the pot 'so soon' after this ... dust has finally settled.

You stir ??? Nah not you Scott.

#160107 - 03/19/05 12:31 AM Re: Slowdown on the forum?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Yeah, forget stirring things up.

It's a lot more fun to
Whip-It! instead.

Scott

#160108 - 03/19/05 08:24 AM Re: Slowdown on the forum?
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
Is this the Tyros you're talking about???

http://www.musik-schmidt.de/osc-schmidt/catalog/images/YAMAHA_Tyros.jpg
http://www.audio-electric-shop.de/shop/catalog/images/Yamaha-Tyros.jpg

...or this one???

http://www.yamaha-tyros.de/bilder/testbild.jpg
------------------
Greetings from Frankfurt (Germany),
Sheriff ;-)

[This message has been edited by Sheriff (edited 03-19-2005).]

#160109 - 03/19/05 04:52 PM Re: Slowdown on the forum?
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Sheriff:
Is this the Tyros you're talking about???

Those three are all the same. They were talking about two pictures that were leaked of a FUTURE model.

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online