SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#160037 - 10/31/01 04:10 PM style editing on psr2000?
markod Offline

Loc: ljubljana,Slovenia
I was reading psr's2000 pdf manual. It looks something like psr9000 minus sampler, aftertouch, HD and few sounds. Am I right?

I coudn't find the revoicing of style parts. Is it possible that this is missing? Will they include this in the next version of the OS (it was the same for psr9000)?

Regards,
Marko

#160038 - 10/31/01 06:06 PM Re: style editing on psr2000?
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
You can revoice all the style parts and all the song parts. It is done under the button called mixer. There are tabs within the mixer screen and one of them is called voice. Then all you do is hit the part on and off button. The first time you get the style parts, next you get the song parts. It's just that easy.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#160039 - 11/01/01 01:22 AM Re: style editing on psr2000?
markod Offline

Ok, but is it possible to change voices for each style part for each variation (or fill or ending) separately (like on psr9000)? Can you save the revoicing changes made in mixing console? Is the internal memory enough for normal work?

Another question: is psr2000 compatible with psr9000's styles, voices, registration banks, etc?

An the last one (for today): Is the break fill feature same as on psr9000?

#160040 - 11/01/01 03:59 AM Re: style editing on psr2000?
Krix Offline

Loc: Linkoping, SWEDEN
A question regarding
"style parts" and "revoicing":
I suppose that a style
consists av several parts
as a certain drumset, a certain bass, a certain piano, a certain guitar and so on. And that you
easily can shift these voices to other voices for instance you can have a mandolin instead of a guitar. Is that right.

Krix

#160041 - 11/01/01 07:32 AM Re: style editing on psr2000?
George Kaye Offline

I'm at home at this time but i do remember when you enter the style recording page it asks you if you want new style or current style. Here is (without looking) where you can change any voice in any variation to what you want and save it as a user memory.
As far as memory goes, you have an internal song memory with i beleive about 80,000 notes of memory. Then, you have the flash ram where you can save up to 580KB of memory. I've stored 8 songs in my user memory. I've stored many banks of registration memories. I called Yamaha yesterday to ask if I could go to a page and see how much memory is left, but at this point they didn't know if there is a way to see this in the screen. I do think there is more than enough memory for any kind of work.
The break button I beleive works like the 9000. I don't use this much so I wouldn't know the difference.
Many of the customers coming in are disappointed at first because they only see one intro and one ending. However, when you are at the main screen mode, the bottom left hand box (letter E) is called intro and ending and if you hit the button E, a box opens up and gives you two choices of intros and two choices for endings and what's cool is the number of measures for each is in the display and after choosing which one of each you want, when you hit exit the number of measures for each is always displayed in the main page screen at this lower left location.
I'll find out more on exactly how to edit sounds and store them at the store today.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#160042 - 11/01/01 10:27 AM Re: style editing on psr2000?
Vic01 Offline

Loc: Madison, Wisconsin USA
Hi George. Is your email correct in your profile? I tried sending you a couple emails but no response. Mine is correct if you want to email me. I have a question and it's difficult to use the phone from my work location.

#160043 - 11/01/01 11:20 AM Re: style editing on psr2000?
George Kaye Offline

Markod,
Ok, I came into my store and I got it all figured out how to get into the styles (and variations) and change all the voices and store them. It's really easy. Mixer voice parameters only let you temporaraly change sounds, but in the digital recording style creator, right at the first page you can change the variations you wish to make changes in, pick a style track icon, make your changes, hit exit, next hit save and either save it to user or floppy disk AND please remember that if you save on floppy disk, you can play styles direct from the floppy disk and never have to load them into the user memory.
I hope this helps everyone to see how much you can do on both the PSR1000 and PSR2000.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#160044 - 11/01/01 11:24 AM Re: style editing on psr2000?
George Kaye Offline

Vic,
my email is correct at my profile. It's Kayeland@aol.com
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
(Retired 2021)

#160045 - 11/01/01 01:17 PM Re: style editing on psr2000?
Vic01 Offline

Loc: Madison, Wisconsin USA
Thanks George. I might not have capitalized the "K" in your last name. Ooops...

#160046 - 11/01/01 02:41 PM Re: style editing on psr2000?
markod Offline

Thanks George for your answers, you really know your gear well. I'll go to my local Yamaha shop tomorrow morning and try to test this keyboard. I will post some comments (and probably new questions).
Regards,
Marko

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online