SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#159299 - 08/17/01 02:23 PM Re: Does anyone else own the PSR-550?
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Thanks for all your help George.. I tried what you suggested and it works!!!

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#159300 - 08/17/01 04:40 PM Re: Does anyone else own the PSR-550?
Guardman2001 Offline

Loc: USA
I would have to agree, that you are lucky if you happen to have a reputable dealer in your are. I do not, only chain stores, who don't even konw you when you come in again (The help has all turned over)Also, I do know that whenever I wanted to trade an item in, it was worth nothing, even if i only had it a couple of months. I am glad for e-bay as now I have a chance of getting a reasonable price for my gear and don't have to depend on the chain dealers. Godd luck Squeak.

#159301 - 08/17/01 11:00 PM Re: Does anyone else own the PSR-550?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I have to agree with squeak about this forum being here to help one another. If it did not bother George enough to deny help for Squeak, why should it bother us. George knows it is good business to help others and it builds our confidence in others...If I had a dollar for everytime I tried to help someone that did not purchase from me or even get a quote I would be a rich man....What am I saying...I am already a rich man, I have everything I want[including my G1000], and friends and family second to none....Fran

#159302 - 08/17/01 11:05 PM Re: Does anyone else own the PSR-550?
TomTomSF Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
Squeak -
I'm not sure if this might help you. Have you looked at the "style" templates that are available at Simon Williams site? SVP.com? They are blank templates with different time signatures. I'm not sure how many measures. I don't use them myself, but I thought I'd mention it to you, in case you want to check them out.
Tom

#159303 - 08/18/01 01:45 AM Re: Does anyone else own the PSR-550?
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Squeak....It is correct that the purpose of this forum is to provide help and share information with each other,and I have myself given input whenever I can.....What I am saying is that you can purchase a product from where you chose, but it is the people who took your money that should be giving the answers and support. You did not give George Kaye your business, but you have no hesitation now asking for his help......there are morals here.

Graham UK

#159304 - 08/18/01 04:45 AM Re: Does anyone else own the PSR-550?
Clif Anderson Offline

Squeak did not ask George Kaye (by name) to help. Squeak did patronize George Kaye to the point of getting a price quote. George is not sacrificing anything by helping Squeak here; he is acting in enlightened self interest. I cannot see anything "immoral" about buying for price or convenience and using this forum for tech support. I can see how it would be easier for George to explain to Yamaha that he was acting on behalf of a customer instead of somebody he knows from the forum.

I think the "moral" issue is closer when someone calls George to get advice on what keyboard to purchase and then purchases elsewhere to get the rock bottom price. I think in a case like this, it would be appropriate to let George know ahead of time that you will probably not purchase from him.

Just my two nickels.

#159305 - 08/18/01 07:33 AM Re: Does anyone else own the PSR-550?
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
The topic which i read Thursday night said
"CALLING GEORGE KAYE!" Clearly Squeak was asking for my help. Is this OK with me? Yes! However, it did strike me with a chuckle because as I explained to you all yesterday morning when i replyed, that when Squeak emailed me with a request for a price quote, I explained to him that although I knew mine was a very competitive price, I hoped he would think of the importance of supporting the store which could and should support him! I thought i did a good job of prooving my point, but when I saw his post after purchasing his 550 I laughed and thought I wonder how long it would take for Squeak to need the support of the knowledgable dealer rather than the "box" house. Then, just a few days later, the large "CALLING GEORGE KAYE" appeard on my computer and guess what: I was right! I like Squeak as I do everyone else using this forum, and just like Fran says, I enjoy sharing my "passion" with the rest of you. I do own a music store. I do need customers. I do get new customers from this wonderful forum. I posted what I did yesterday because the moment struck me, especially after my comunications with Squeak prior to his purchase. I'm not mad at anybody and was just using this forum as a way to explain what I think is a growing concern in all industrys today with the way shoppers buy their goods compared to the way it used to be. There are good and bad sides to both, I was just pointing out what seemed to me to be a plus for the little guy.
Thanks for listening
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
(Retired 2021)

#159306 - 08/18/01 11:06 AM Re: Does anyone else own the PSR-550?
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
George....Thankyou...Subject closed.

Graham UK

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online