SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#15843 - 05/07/00 02:43 PM GEM PC software convertor!!!!!!
JoostMerema Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Hey guys, what do you think of this? Please let me know!

GEM WK Style Converter

GEM WK Style Converter is a new PC Windows 95/98 program, which has been specifically designed to manage and program GEM WK styles using your PC!

This program will work with the GEM WK series, including WK2, WK2 MIDI, WK4, WK6, WK8, PS1500, PS2500, GPS2500, SK76, SK88, SK760 and SK880.

WK Style Converter will convert different style disks from different keyboard manufacturers; including Solton, Technics, Yamaha, EMC, Wersi and Korg....

WK Style Converter has six main functions;

Style Converter
Song to Style Converter
Style Editor
Style Import and Export
Style Preview/Play
User Style Manager

Style Converter

The styles of different keyboards and indeed manufacturers are converted to the format of one specific instrument. As the format of the data differs very much in structure, number of tracks, sounds, performances and drum mapping, all these configurations must be converted to the destination keyboard for which the style is to be played.

This complex process is easily handled by the WK Style Converter, automatically providing this function for you. In addition, you may manually set the parameters for the conversion.

Styles can be imported from the following style formats:

EMC Arranger
Freestyle Computer Style Arranger
GEM WS2, WS400, WX2, WX400, SX2, SX3, (WS1 T.B.C.).
Ketron X1
Korg i1-i5 series, i30-50 series
Roland EM-2000, G-1000, G-800, G-600, RA-800, E-500, E-300, E-96, E-86, E-66, RA-95
Solton MS 3, 4, 5, 40, 50, 60, 100,
Steinberg Style Trax
Technics KN 5000, 3500, 3000, 2000, 1600, 1500, 1400, 1000, 920, 750, 600
Wersi Pegasus, Pegasus2, + (incl. Performer, PhonX)
Yamaha Style File Format Compatible with: PSR-8000, 7000, 4000, 730, 630 etc.

Song to Style Converter
This exciting feature fulfilles a long awaited function in providing you the ability to extract a style out of a song sequence, with ease.

Simply set start bar and length for the single parts and all remaining operations will be performed automatically by the WK Style Converter program. It will even convert the data of the single part into a complete style, in the format of your WK keyboard.

The new style can even be post-processed by means of another part of the WK Style Converter program or saved directly on disk.

Style Editor
In the Style Editor, you can edit your user styles (no matter whether they were previously converted from a different instrument, manufacturer or they are original styles of your WK keyboard).

You can alter sound assignments, velocity and octave for example. This alteration can be executed for single tracks or even for combinations of tracks and parts, offering you a great deal of musical creativity.

Style Import and Export

This area of the WK Style Converter program, allows you to load existing styles in MIDI file format. It is important to check that the MIDI file structure (In particular the sequence of tracks), matches exactly the requirements of your instrument.

By means of the export function, you can transform a style into one or more standard MIDI files. For example, you can edit your styles even with all the powerful functions of your sequencer program. Files are then saved as MIDI File Format 1.

Style Preview/Play

The playback function allows you to listen to the single parts of your style via your PC soundcard or your instrument, through the MIDI Output of your computer.

This useful function allows you to immediately preview any alterations of the current style, from within most other program functions within the WK Style Converter program.

User Style Manager
Finally, such a intuitive program would not be complete without the ability to easily manage your styles.

You can compile your style sets and then save to your PC hard drive, add styles, remove styles, exchange or even rename styles.

Availability From GEMClub: end April, early May

Cost: £ To be confirmed

[source http://www.gem-club.com]

#15844 - 05/07/00 05:39 PM Re: GEM PC software convertor!!!!!!
DannyJay Offline

Loc: Merritt Island, FL, USA
What is the name of this program, where can it be purchased, and what is the cost.

#15845 - 05/07/00 11:31 PM Re: GEM PC software convertor!!!!!!
JoostMerema Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by DannyJay:
What is the name of this program, where can it be purchased, and what is the cost.

Name: ??
Where to be purchased: GemClub, GEM Italy, your local GEM dealer
Cost: ??
[/B] I already pointed this info out in my message. Sorry it was so long (too long? ;-))
[/B]

greetz

Joost

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online