SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#15703 - 10/11/04 11:48 AM New OS for Genesys
Tommy64 Offline

Loc: Randers Denmark
Hi - I have seen a new patch for Genesys is available on generalmusic.com.
But I cannot download it.
I have a feeling the download problem is related to the upgrade I did recently to service pack 2 for XP. Anyone haveing the same problem?

Regards

Tommy

#15704 - 10/11/04 04:51 PM Re: New OS for Genesys
msutliff Offline

Loc: Cottage Grove, MN, USA
Hey Tommy64,

Yep, doing the same thing here at home on XPSP2. It did work fine on my work computer but I'm still on W2K Pro SP4. Oh yeah, still using IE6 with both setups.

I was able to catch the URL for the actual file, paste that into an empty browser window and it downloads the file so I'm not sure if there is a new security setting with Flash and downloads within a .swf file.(?)

Genesys (non-Pro)

Genesys Pro

Hope this helps. Let us know what comes with the latest patch when you get a chance.

-mike

#15705 - 10/12/04 03:10 AM Re: New OS for Genesys
Tommy64 Offline

Hi Mike, thank you for your assistance.
I got the file you put here, but have not installed yet - had to go to work!
But I also received the same from general Music Italy.
I posted a request for support yesterday evening on their web site - 14 hours ago - and received the file directly!
That is service!

Regards

Tommy

#15706 - 11/01/04 06:33 AM Re: New OS for Genesys
Tommy64 Offline

Hi,

There is no change for the user in this update.
It is only internal the optimation has taken place.

Best regards

Tommy

#15707 - 11/01/04 07:09 AM Re: New OS for Genesys
msutliff Offline

Hey Tommy64,

Thanks for the update.

Of course, sometimes it's the subtle things that make the big difference.

Do you know if they've addressed the "file search time"? What I mean by that is, insert a CD that has lots of folders, subfolders, and midi files (or blocks) on it. Using the disk access function, dig down into the folders and subfolders and find a midi file to play Let it play for a bit (more than 30 seconds). Now do it again, click on Disk Access and dig down into the folders. How long does it take before you actually see the contents of the folders?

When you get a chance.......

-mike

#15708 - 11/02/04 07:08 AM Re: New OS for Genesys
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by msutliff:
insert a CD that has lots of folders, subfolders, and midi files (or blocks) on it.  Using the disk access function, dig down into the folders and subfolders and find a midi file to play  Let it play for a bit (more than 30 seconds).  Now do it again, click on Disk Access and dig down into the folders.  How long does it take before you actually see the contents of the folders?

When you get a chance.......

-mike

Hi Mike,

When you said "Using the disk access function, dig down into the folders and subfolders and find a midi file to play" you did mean you are pressing the Select button in the Song Player section, correct? Anyway...

Have you thought of turning OFF the Auto Play function (Soft Button F7) so you can navigate to a new folder/file while the current song continues to play? This way you can have the next song waiting in the wings so to speak and when you are ready to start playback of the new song, simply press Enter and Play. If you press Enter before the last song has completely stopped, the new song will start as soon as Enter is pressed; no need to press Play.

Just a thought.

Dave

#15709 - 11/02/04 09:58 AM Re: New OS for Genesys
msutliff Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by WDMcM:
...you did mean you are pressing the Select button in the Song Player section, correct? Dave

Hey Dave,

To answer your question....I think so. I didn't have the manual in front of me so wasn't sure if I was getting the button nomenclature exactly right. And my direct experience with this scenario is rather old. I remember a while back commenting that I thought the Disk Access (CD's in particular) showed some slight delays. I think it was Paul that commented that he thought the same and that they were looking into it. So I was just wondering if that had been addressed, that's all.

But hey, great tip! If I had a Genesys, I'd surely give that a whirl.

Thanks.

-mike

#15710 - 11/03/04 02:14 AM Re: New OS for Genesys
PaulD Offline

Loc: Eugene, OR
Mike,

The slow access to the CD and Hard Drive, has been greatly improved with OS updates after I had made those comments.

Regards,

Paul

#15711 - 11/03/04 06:51 AM Re: New OS for Genesys
msutliff Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by PaulD:
The slow access to the CD and Hard Drive, has been greatly improved with OS updates after I had made those comments.

Great! That's very good news.

Thanks.

-mike

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online