SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#156489 - 12/04/01 09:42 AM Dissepointing!!!
*Messenger* Offline

Loc: Sweden/Malmo
Okey folks get serious.
Why do the Manufacturer sel os a KB whitout any ready OS.WHY do we buy them.Before they are ready!!!
I think they are scared of the market.
Korg!Many KB player waited the os 3.0.
They will be Disepointed.Where is the sampler???Sample reading func???
Not a sampler anyway on my opnion.
Va 7 Where is the functions that we need like buttons on the board.
Many sound,s missed in VA series that folks from midle east need.Same oriental kit like e 40 WHY???.Come out whit some news.
I realy think the NEW Gem KB will make the difference.I heave my WK 8 SE.Is stil the best whit the best functions.Real sampler(Stereo)Can load & translate.
Come on do something ROLAND , YAMY,KORG & Others!!!

#156490 - 12/04/01 10:32 AM Re: Dissepointing!!!
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by *Messenger*:
Why do the Manufacturer sel os a KB whitout any ready OS........

Well, I guess they have learned by Microsoft,
put out to the customers, and let us do the
dirty work after payed full price for the
product, and to find the faults for free.
Now even the car industries have started the
same thing......
AARRRGGGG
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#156491 - 12/10/01 07:19 AM Re: Dissepointing!!!
Stevizard Offline

Loc: Indianapolis, IN, USA
Hi all,

The biggest reason why there are multiple OS versions is due to the inability of manufacturer to COMPLETELY TEST their product. It really isn't the fault of the manufacturer. So many people use the keyboard in so many many different ways that its physically impossible to anticipate and test every combination of every keystroke and every button press.

About the best that a manufacturer can do is to is run a test on the software itself, then send the finished keyboard to reliability and have a few of their people test it. Unfortunately, its not possible to have 1000's of people test a keyboard before putting it on the market.

However, when a keyboard is released and thousands of people start using it, then all of those untried sequences of button pushes are put to the test. Some result in errors. The manufacturers listen closely when a product is first released so they can fix as many errors as quickly as possible.

It's important to WRITE down any errors you encounter and SEND them to the manufacturer as soon as possible. Be sure to include as many previous keystrokes as possible before getting the error. If you can isolate the key sequence that causes the error - that's even better. Yamaha will try to duplicate the error in their software lab, then their software people will troubleshoot it and provide a fix in a future OS. So, never be shy about writing or calling the manufacturer or dealer about error messages or bugs in your keyboard software.

I've worked with software developers for many years, and no matter how hard we try to find and fix every bug we can't find them all. Yamaha isn't shy about putting out updated OS versions - and that's a BIG PLUS for their keyboards.

Regards,
Steve

#156492 - 12/12/01 06:32 PM Re: Dissepointing!!!
Sam Noels Offline

Loc: New York
Gunnar Jonny,

As you speak the same for car manufecterurs, and I'm a member at this site for years, and I lov'it. Can somebody out there tell me if there is a site like this, discussions of cars? people asking questions and any member answers?...

Please, if anybody know, let me know. Maybe this is not the right place, but only the readers of this forum will understand what kind of discusions I'm looking for.

Many Thanks, Sams.

BTW, what are the different in this site between "Member" and "Junior Member"?

[This message has been edited by Sam Noels (edited 12-12-2001).]

#156493 - 12/12/01 08:38 PM Re: Dissepointing!!!
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Sam,
It's just the number of posts. After 32 - BANG ! You're promoted!

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online