SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#156178 - 04/22/07 04:23 PM Re: Motif XS and Tyros 2 Review
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
The T2 wouldn't work for my needs Nick. I love the SA voices and the orchestral voices, but it wouldn't fit my needs. However, an XS rack would spark my interest

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#156179 - 04/22/07 05:29 PM Re: Motif XS and Tyros 2 Review
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Squeak,
You should come out to California and hang out in my store. Your reviews off everything you saw almost exactly duplicate what I've been saying about all of these products you've had a chance to play with. You are spot on with your take on the Motif XS, MM6, Juno G, tyros 2 and.........how awful the help is at chain stores............I can't help but say this because it's what I know is the difference between my store and those big box..........

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
www.kayesmusicscene.com
(Retired 2021)

#156180 - 04/22/07 06:38 PM Re: Motif XS and Tyros 2 Review
miden Offline

Loc: The World
thanks again squeak, appreciate it!!
dennis
PS about 2 weeks and they will be in Oz....

[This message has been edited by miden (edited 04-22-2007).]

#156181 - 04/22/07 07:33 PM Re: Motif XS and Tyros 2 Review
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
Good Reviews Squeak. I really like the T2's key feel too. I share a lot of your opinions on it as well, except that for me it is quite a useful board for solo live play. I've gotten quite used to navigating around on it, even though I'm the rare exception here at SZ who still prefers the O/S of the PA80 and Korg arranger series.

Still, the T2 instrument sounds along with the way it works and feels to my fingers has pretty much relegated the PA80 to a home keyboard that my kids like to use.

I was all set to check out the XS and if I liked it I would have probably made the switch early in it's run, much as I did when I went from the Classic to the ES. Thanks to the info I got here and at Motifator, I'm no longer considering the XS, mainly because of the lack of the plug in slots and breathe controller.

Pretty much the main sounds I use with the ES are from the VL and AN plug ins, and the VL board works better for me when I use the B/C with it. The rest of the time it works as my midi controller for the soft synths. I realize that a dedicated controller ( dumb keyboard as FLR likes to say ) would be better in some ways, but I like the ES' key action, along with the ribbon and breathe controllers, and with the midi learn function in FL it's a breeze to assign the adjustable knobs.

Regards,

AJ

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online