SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#156106 - 08/28/01 01:48 PM Wersi Abacus, the perfect keyboard??? ;-) !!! A dream I guess...
merlin2812 Offline

Hello everyone, I'm sticked to this forum, I can't do anything about it, but I just love it. Can't surf anywhere else...
So, the so called "wersi-case". When I red the review about that board, I was ready to sale father, mother, TV, Hifi, everything to get one!!! On the paper, this gear looks to great. Really. CD burner, cubase sequencer, internet connection, great sound (haven't heart myself...), arranger, sampling, LCD color, wide, touch screen, huge HD and so on... I first tough that it was a very new gear, maybe even not on the market yet, and then BOUM ==> already 2 years old!!!
I don't care about the age, don't care about having the last gear, (caring about the price!!!! ) but still, such a great keyboard would make people talk about it, even a little, no??? And nothing... In the few post I've red, I saw ideas (mainly against windows 98, wich is so logical!!!), complains about price and shop to find it,... But nothing about the board itself!!! Is anyone using it???? Can anyone make a descent, honest review about it??? I cooled down, so I know that I will never have that board (money... ), but at least, I'd like to know the REAL value of the thing...
The bad thing is when you see something like that, you don't feel like having anything else... So, if you don't know anything about this abacus, please, tell me good things about whatever you have, to make me get red of this kb from my mind... it's definitly torturing!!!!!
I'm surprised you didn't talk more about it.
Bah, now is the time for it, I guess!!!!
Once again, I spend all my net-time on this forum, and I love that!!!!!

Good night...

Merlin

#156107 - 09/01/01 06:32 AM Re: Wersi Abacus, the perfect keyboard??? ;-) !!! A dream I guess...
Markus Offline

Loc: Germany
The idea of the Wersi keyboard or system is simply great. It is an all in one solution for musicians. The problems with Wersi are mainly the following two: 1. German companies are really great if it comes to developing new gears. Production and Marketing for them is a far bigger problem. This is simply because they do not have the infrastructure to do so. Although the European market is a large one no european company is able to produce a newly developed gear in the demanded number. Not Wersi, not Dr. Boehm - another German company - and not even Sotlton.
2. The company Wersi started business with producing build-your-own-organ-sets in the 1970's and 1980's and selling real big and expensive electronic organs for entertainers. I remember the 1978 football world championship where Franz Lambert was carted into the stadions with his big Helios organ stationed on a kind of a truck and played some warm-up tunes. From this time derives an overall loyal set of customers, mostly between 40 and 50 years of age. They used to and would nowadays pay any price to get a Wersi instrument.
At the Frankfurt fair I had the opportunity to check the instrument: it was a real disappointment to me. The organ sounds are great but the patterns are weak, the sounds are average and the whole handling ist awkward.
You would do much better if you combine a Yamaha and a Solton or a Technics.

#156108 - 09/01/01 05:17 PM Re: Wersi Abacus, the perfect keyboard??? ;-) !!! A dream I guess...
Beakybird Offline

Sounds like what looked like a dream come true is actually a Wersi-case scenario.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online