SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#154898 - 12/28/02 05:07 PM What the Tyros vocalizer sounds like....
trtjazz Offline

If you're interested, I put a new tune up, using the vocal harmonizer on my current work page. CD# 64 in progress a tune called "Push On." If you want to hear without the vocalizer, just listen to one of the other tunes on the same cd.
http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

jam on,
Terry

#154899 - 12/28/02 06:56 PM Re: What the Tyros vocalizer sounds like....
Evangelical Offline

Loc: San Diego
Great work Terry! Thanks for sharing! The vocal harmonizer sounds almost identical to the one on my PSR-9000, although the piano sounds much deeper and fuller.

ev

#154900 - 12/28/02 07:10 PM Re: What the Tyros vocalizer sounds like....
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Though it's kinda hard to tell, listening to the song on the computer speakers, to me it appears as if the Tyros vocolizer is nearly identical to the vocalizer on the PSR-740 and 2000. They're OK, but no where near the quality and depth you get with Digitech's midi and pro vocolizers. If you have the opportunity, try recording the same song using the Digitech and then compare the two. The song itself sounds great and you've obviously put a lot of work into recording it.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#154901 - 12/28/02 07:12 PM Re: What the Tyros vocalizer sounds like....
trtjazz Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Evangelical:
Great work Terry! Thanks for sharing! The vocal harmonizer sounds almost identical to the one on my PSR-9000, although the piano sounds much deeper and fuller.

ev

EV,
Thanks for the listen and the kind words, glad you enjoyed it.
Terry

#154902 - 12/28/02 07:14 PM Re: What the Tyros vocalizer sounds like....
trtjazz Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
Though it's kinda hard to tell, listening to the song on the computer speakers, to me it appears as if the Tyros vocolizer is nearly identical to the vocalizer on the PSR-740 and 2000. They're OK, but no where near the quality and depth you get with Digitech's midi and pro vocolizers. If you have the opportunity, try recording the same song using the Digitech and then compare the two. The song itself sounds great and you've obviously put a lot of work into recording it.

Cheers,

Gary

Gary,
Thanks....there are several different harmonies to choose from that's just one of the patches. Although I understand digitechs is pretty cool.
Terry

#154903 - 12/28/02 07:49 PM Re: What the Tyros vocalizer sounds like....
Ensnareyou Offline

Loc: California
Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:

Cheers,

Gary

The Tyros harmonizer should sound nearly identical to the PSR-9000, 9000 Pro, PSR-740, PSR-2000, and the Digitech models as they are all made by the same manufacturer. The only real differences in sound will be due to the A/D converters used in each model which don't vary greatly.

#154904 - 12/28/02 08:10 PM Re: What the Tyros vocalizer sounds like....
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
I own both the Yamaha Tyros and PSR2000, and have compared the vocal harmonizers 'side by side' and definitely hear a substantial improvement in the Tyros vocal harmonizer over the PSR2000's harmonizer. It is evident (to me) that each of the individual backup harmony voices is more distinct and clearly heard and that the overall harmonizer sound is smoother (richer). I find the Tyros vocal harmonizer sound quality similar to the Digitech Vocalist Workstation EX, which I also own.

Scott

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online