SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#154836 - 12/19/05 05:12 PM Here's another Country Song from me.
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Here's my second country song. This song was inspired by a show I saw on TV bashing (men) as dead-beats when it came to fathering and so on. Well I got to thinking, and there are just as many dead-beat moms out there too

Again this is just acoustic guitar and vocal. I don't even know if it's very good. When finished it will be acoustic guitar, 3 vocal tracks, light drum/bass track. I actually finished writing the drum track and bass track on my drum machine tonight. However I don't feel like re-recording the whole thing again tonight. I'll hit it tomorrow. You may have to adjust your EQ's on your media players. Not sure if there is any clipping.

Also thanks to all those who commented on my first country attempt I've taken many of the suggestions into account and will be finished with that piece soon

Again looking for honest comments here. It's hard for me to sing this style because my voice (in my opinion) isn't suited for it, but what the hell it's fun to try something new

http://s37.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0TB8R7E9UJMBQ04Q8P0C9LBN3V

Regards,
Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#154837 - 12/19/05 06:18 PM Re: Here's another Country Song from me.
claudiu Offline

Loc: Sterling Heights, Michigan USA
I'm listening to it - What keyboard do you have because the guitar is lovely...sounds just real - YOUR VOICE IS GREAT ! Just finish it and it'll sound top notch ! Trust me - the voice is just very great and ..no more words

BRAVO !!!!!

BRAVO !!!!!

BRAVO !!!!!

#154838 - 12/19/05 06:20 PM Re: Here's another Country Song from me.
claudiu Offline

Yeap..i was right - A+ my friend - please compose a Soft Country song, too - it'll sound amazing.

#154839 - 12/19/05 07:46 PM Re: Here's another Country Song from me.
squeak_D Offline

Glad you liked it Claudiu! I wasn't too sure about the vocals on this one (however I do think the lyrics are good). There are a few vocal mistakes in there though. Oh the guitar is not a keyboard. It's an Ovation Acoustic Guitar. I recorded is straight, with little to no EQ adjustment on the onboard pre-amp. With adjustment and fine tuning of the EQ it will sound better on the finished song.

Squeak

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 12-19-2005).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#154840 - 12/19/05 07:58 PM Re: Here's another Country Song from me.
claudiu Offline

the vocals sound great - i like 'em

#154841 - 12/19/05 08:21 PM Re: Here's another Country Song from me.
tcon Offline

Loc: Pinellas Park.Florida. usa
I like this a lot.Nice feel good vocal,and tight rythm guitar.Well done. Terry

#154842 - 12/20/05 12:02 AM Re: Here's another Country Song from me.
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Hi Squeak,
I liked the song, though I strained to understand the lyrics (not your fault, I am always terrible in understanding English lyrics, regardless of the singer, sometimes it happens to me in Greek lyrics too).

I am throwing some suggestions based on what I would like to hear, not knowing if it is feasible or if it sound good on the real world.

I would like a more "loose" guitar playing, or alternatively, a second guitar playing the same track with minor differences, to "thicken the carpet" for your voice, which I found good, and provide something for the ear to expect.

Was it humming I heard in the harmonies? It sounded nice. I believe the mistakes you mentioned are easily correctable. I have the suspicion (can't explain why) that you strain yourself to sound like that. Is it just me?

I imagine this song more like a "lone man and his guitar" thing, rather than a band song, so I would like to hear the bass and drums track version, but I am already opposing the idea in my mind.

Last thing may sound very Jerry Springer to all of you and please don't throw up but.... in the end you repeat the same verse twice. What about adding a little boy to the mix in the last verse, singing the same words along but for himself:
"You broke my heart in two,....", but in the end the boy says "...you are not a mother at all" instead of "woman at all".

Keep up, and thanks for sharing,
Theodore

[This message has been edited by trident (edited 12-20-2005).]

#154843 - 12/20/05 05:20 AM Re: Here's another Country Song from me.
squeak_D Offline

trident,
The harmonies weren't humming. What I did was sing harmony, but I really dropped the levels (testing it out) so that it wouldn't be overbearing. In the end it sounded like light humming

As far as alternate guitar playing for it, I have several ways of playing the chords. One way is basically finger picking the verses, and strumming on the refrain. I just strummed the whole thing in the recording.

Yes it's a strain for me to sing this style since I'm not a country singer. Howevre there are numerous country songs that I like, and thought I'd take a shot at it.

I also think it would sound good as the "lone man and his guitar". I'm fairly pleased with the lyrics too. I just have to work on how I'm singing it to keep it sounding country (it's hard to do).

Squeak

#154844 - 12/20/05 05:29 AM Re: Here's another Country Song from me.
squeak_D Offline

I just had another listen to it, yeah them vocals need some work! I think I'll slow it down a bit, maybe the vocal track is a bit rushed. That might be why I'm having problems singing it. (gotta get that country twang down first singing the slow ones)

Squeak

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online