SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#153910 - 01/04/05 05:57 PM Re: Can we all just get along?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Scott, now that's what I'm talking about...have fun and don't be so serious...

#153911 - 01/04/05 06:26 PM Re: Can we all just get along?
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by SYNTH_GUY:
After reading some of the posts and replies, I have come to the conclusion that if one doesn't agree with the majority or some of the veterans here, they’re in for nasty responses and their qualification gets questioned. Since when do you have to be qualified to base an opinion? I have experienced it first hand just because I gave my honest opinion. Isn't this forum here for everyone to give opinions and help each other on our musical journeys. I'm new as the Synth_Guy, but have participated and checked in on this forum for many years. Please, lets stick to what this forum is all about and that is giving our opinion and letting others know what our opinion is about a certain device, arranger, pro audio etc.. teaching others what they seek to learn. Lets not scare away newcomers or people that have different or modern ideas or opinions. As I stated on another tread after getting bashed for stating what I know as a musician, All of us give our opinion based on experiences in the music world we live in. Some play different types of music, others play for different types of crowds. We are all out there doing something we love and the rewards are greater than we sometimes acknowledge. To be able to please people, put a smile on their face, be the center of attention, feeling proud of yourself and make money at the same time. Does it get any better? Lets stop trying to make this a competition of who's who and so on and get back to what this forum is really about and that is helping each other.

From reading post over the pass year, especially those that are not in keeping with the majority, the above comments in my humble opinion to some extent are valid and true. I suppose it is O K as long as the majority does not prevent persons from posting differing and sometimes beneficial opinions.

#153912 - 01/04/05 06:28 PM Re: Can we all just get along?
Pennywizz6 Offline

Loc: Shakopee, MN, USA
This thread is stupid! What a dumb post! Your all idiots, nobody has a problem! You do!... hehe... fooled ya.

Im thinking that my speaker thread sparkedthis post. My appologies, I didnt mean for any whining about what some people like and others dont. Some people like some things, others like others.

You have an opinion, your entitled to it. Just dont go overboard with that right.

Just rember the song... Why cant we be friends!? why cant we be friends!? ect... haha

Phil

[This message has been edited by Pennywizz6 (edited 01-04-2005).]

#153913 - 01/04/05 06:38 PM Re: Can we all just get along?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Perhaps another chorus of Kumba-Ya?! - Scott

#153914 - 01/04/05 06:53 PM Re: Can we all just get along?
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Scott, have fun and don't be so serious...

Huh?! Fran, You've got to be kidding, right? My Mom continues to REMIND me to 'grow up' and start acting MORE serious and mature. Perhaps it was all that fried chow mein & won ton that caused this - Scott

#153915 - 01/04/05 07:02 PM Re: Can we all just get along?
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I've been a member here for several years now, and I too have had a run with others, but one thing I've always noticed is that (word choice), can make or break a post. Some people may have good intentions when posting, but may not realize that their word choice will cause static with other members.

This is without a doubt the best arranger forum on the Web. No one is better than the other here. We are all at differnt skill levels. Some professional and some just begining. It's all about making music and sharing our ideas and offering help to eachother. We all have our days too. Plus attacking someone is not the way to go either. We all have different views on the issues, and need to show respect to eachother for that.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#153916 - 01/04/05 07:10 PM Re: Can we all just get along?
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
attacking someone is not the way to go either. We all have different views on the issues, and need to show respect to each other for that.

Squeak, though I agree with you, I have to admit there appears to be a 'pecking order' here in regards to those who can (and can't) get away with making attacks. No different than High School . . . Seniors RULE! - Scott

#153917 - 01/04/05 07:37 PM Re: Can we all just get along?
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Yeah there's a pecking order alright Curious, what makes you a senior here on the forum (outside of age of course).........?

actually let me rephrase that.... What makes a (member) a senior here on the forum (outside of age of course)? Don't want anyone to feel I'm knocking on any ages here.

I think I'm going to type a disclaimer and use it as my signature so if anyone is ever offended by what I say they can scroll down and read the small print

Squeak

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 01-04-2005).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#153918 - 01/04/05 07:50 PM Re: Can we all just get along?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
"I'd like to teach the world to sing ... in perfect harmony ....." C'mon ... sing along!
La la la la la la la la ......
I LOVE this place!

#153919 - 01/04/05 08:26 PM Re: Can we all just get along?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Your into the egg nog again...aren't you Dave??

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online